simplest working wire diagram?

Godric

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I was just wondering what the difference between these two diagrams? Is the simpler of the two really that simple? I have all my components to build the harness, I just want it basic as possible. Any thoughts, suggestions? It's a 1981 kickstart only with pick up coils. And dont say "yOu NeEd tO uPgRaDe tO PaMCo"

Also what is the function of the little box running out of the reg/rec?

Attachments

• xs650-1.jpg
    xs650-1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 20200424_225329.png
    20200424_225329.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Chuck that first diagram away............Doesn't state what the components are so it requires way to much of an explanation on what things are than its worth.

Second diagram the circled components are the brushes..........

Thanks to Jayel.
Here is a simplified diagram that also give you the option to incorporate the Safety relay and a battery..........charging unit is factory.........

can move the ignition boxes to link up to the factory charging unit.......1 set of boxes is for a points ignition with the points type B Regulator. Points models have a seperate rectifier and regulator.......... and the other set is for the factory TCI, (Electronic ignition) with a type A Regulator combined with the Rectifier. This is called a Solis State combined Regulator/Rectifier
10703-points_chopper_wiring Jayel.jpg

Here are some more Diagrams that use a PMA set up with a Pamco ignition............Ignition can be changed to whatever suits or preference. These diagrams can be used seperatly ot layered to make up whatever you want on the bike.

Complete Project
XS650 Complete Project A.PNG

Main Circuit
XS650 Part 1 Main Circuit.PNG

Charging
XS650 Part 2 Charging.PNG

Ignition
XS650 Part 3 Ignition.PNG

Headlight/Tail light
XS650 Part 4 Headlight-Tail light.PNG

Brake light
XS650 Part 5 Brake light.PNG