Sissy-bar Tail lights

Milk_Jesus

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to find my best/simplest/INEXPENSIVE option for a tail light that mounts to my sissy bar, since there's already a license plate bracket on it.

recommendations?

Here's my rear-end :wink2:
A15E-952BC06C6280-172-000000070BEB3281_zpsce6a49c9.jpg

My setup is similar to yours, ran a Triumph-style rectangular mounted to a chrome backing plate, attached to the sissy bar, wiring attached to bottom seat edge. Not sure if that old school stuff is available anymore, but will look. With that hi-mount bracket, the popular method was to mount the backing plate upside-down, taillight at the bottom, clear lens part facing up to the license plate.

Taillight missing from this pic, but similar rear-end.

Well, found it, just needs backing plate: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-BSA-Bobber-12V-Taillight-Early-Lucas-Type-/390708037330

Attachments

• XS1B-a2.jpg
    XS1B-a2.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 394
My setup is similar to yours, ran a Triumph-style rectangular mounted to a chrome backing plate, attached to the sissy bar, wiring attached to bottom seat edge. Not sure if that old school stuff is available anymore, but will look. With that hi-mount bracket, the popular method was to mount the backing plate upside-down, taillight at the bottom, clear lens part facing up to the license plate.

Taillight missing from this pic, but similar rear-end.

not really clear on what you mean, any way you could upload a pic WITH the tail light?

Okay, found a couple backing plates. Easily made by carving/drilling some sheet aluminum.

Attachments

• TailLight01.jpg
    TailLight01.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 181
  • TailLight02.jpg
    TailLight02.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 201
I think a Bikers Choice "Custom Fat Bob Taillight" would look great if install with your sissy bar. Try to check this site 4 Wheel Online and click motorcycle tab, motorcycle light from there it will direct you to different kinds and brands of lighting equipment for your need.

X96TsfKKlpdvRn5_vFZLJLNQfkqcw6YOMDV12ZcFAjfUWNXhSQ.jpg

Back