Slight change of carb plans,,,,

Which carb is causing the issues? Those are some big differences between those carbs. Those came as a set?? Did somebody just randomly grab shit off the shelf and put them in, lol. Not trying to give ya a hard time, just trying to lighten the mood.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened lol. None of the numbers on the needles and Jets match a stock set up.
For example the needles are all adjustable, and on a 34 I think they are supposed to be fixed.
We got it running!
Pretty sure we are rich on the pilot circuit though. We have a Hodge podge of parts.

Endee, you're thinking of the BS34 OE carburetor. The VM34 aftermarket carb is an entirely different animal; don't try to use BS series jetting, it won't work. Go to the Tech menu and find the link to the VM Carb Guide. Sudco uses a different baseline from the one I gave--they use a rich 2.0 slide and a lean pilot jet. Most of us don't go there. Good luck, guys.

We got it idling and running.
With what was available for us to use,,
Here is what we ended up using for jets.
And a HUGE thanks to Endee for coming out and explaining to my face how they work.

35 pilot
2.5 slide
6dh4 needle set at 3rd slot from top
175 main
air 20
With a cone K&N air filter.
The plugs are dark,, a lil darker than should be. Any hints on that?
Video coming soon,,,2 actually
And yes,, I know the clutch is slipping some,, I will fix that next.

Last edited:
Endee, you're thinking of the BS34 OE carburetor. The VM34 aftermarket carb is an entirely different animal; don't try to use BS series jetting, it won't work. Go to the Tech menu and find the link to the VM Carb Guide. Sudco uses a different baseline from the one I gave--they use a rich 2.0 slide and a lean pilot jet. Most of us don't go there. Good luck, guys.[/QUOTE

Woof, ok. I thought there were only 2 types of carbs. That makes sense why none of the part numbers matched up.
Fred we may be way rich with the 2.5 slide. I will check the tech manuals. The good news is it's running, so now just some fine tuning.

Endee, you're thinking of the BS34 OE carburetor. The VM34 aftermarket carb is an entirely different animal; don't try to use BS series jetting, it won't work. Go to the Tech menu and find the link to the VM Carb Guide. Sudco uses a different baseline from the one I gave--they use a rich 2.0 slide and a lean pilot jet. Most of us don't go there. Good luck, guys.[/QUOTE

Woof, ok. I thought there were only 2 types of carbs. That makes sense why none of the part numbers matched up.
Fred we may be way rich with the 2.5 slide. I will check the tech manuals. The good news is it's running, so now just some fine tuning.

The #2.5 slide is fine; in slides, larger number=leaner. The #35 PJ is way too rich. A 6F9 needle will help. Remove the #2.0 AJ and leave the hole open. Read the VM Carb Guide, there's a link in the tech section.

Back