Snake......Red Belly Black Snake

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Sitting here a bit freaked out at the moment...........Just had a 5'-6' Fucking big black snake slither past me. Didn't notice untill i looked down and saw this tail and thought it was one of the lizards that visit me........Nope wrong colour and to long and no legs..........Backed off and got out of the way, got his attention when i moved so at a respectfull distance made enough movement to get him/her to move off into the direction of my sliding doors.......Bit of junk around so it went into there.............ran around the house and opened up the sliders..........Maybe the snake will go away on its own........

Rand a few snake catchers but it another 5 hours before they can get here..............don't want it to get into other parts of the house so am sitting here keeping an eye on out so it cant go anywhere else..........

This pic is what it looked like , and talking to the snake catcher im sure it is a taipan.............Not good reading..........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_taipan

inland_taipan.jpg

exciting evening............yea i am ........not.lol...........

Dam thing has decided to do more exploring......inside......Had a mexican standoff a while ago.i ried to stop it but it wasn't having non of that then went under a container and turned around and eyeballed me ..............Not leaving got to make sure i know where it is when the catcer comes around..............no way would i find it with all the mess i live with

Panic over..........alert level 1..........Sent the pic to the snake catcher.........its a Red belly Black Snake and there are no recorded deaths
https://panique.com.au/trishansoz/animals/red-bellied-black-snake.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-bellied_black_snake

Better to be think the worst than to underestimate

Stll very much on the alert and following the dam thing around the house............

Hearts only beating at 120 per min not 500......

Amazing how something like this makes one feel alive............

Now to get some real good pics..........

Last edited:
Panic over..........alert level 1..........Sent the pic to the snake catcher.........its a Red belly Black Snake and there are no recorded deaths
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-bellied_black_snake

Better to be think the worst than to underestimate

Stll very much on the alert and following the dam thing around the house............

Hearts only beating at 120 per min not 500......

Amazing how something like this makes one feel alive............

Now to get some real good pics..........

See! Now that right there is what I'm talking about. I can't see his pupil but down there it makes no difference. Up here any snake that has a round pupil is non poisonous with exception of the coral snake which are easy to spot. If it has cats eyes, it's a dead snake., if he's someplace he's not supposed to be.

....with exception of the coral snake...
Air Force INDOC course down in Fla... Instructor tried to teach us the difference 'tween a coral and a king snake. Told him I don't need to know... if I see either, im'a run and scream like a little girl. :er:

Thuban.......they are a protected species and i wouldn't kill it if it wasn't or if it was a taipan......I would if it was attacking a child or another person......Poisonous snakes have small scales on their head......couldn't/wouldn't get close enough to identify.... ........Taipans get very aggressive and have been knowen to attack and chase people..........Caution better than valor

Bob..................Me not....i would if i had some beer in the fridge and a bottle of Rum........ and now that i know its not a taipan..........No, not enough experience and i have put up boards stop it from going where i dont want it to, to direct it outside.

Bloody thing is just cruising around and eyeballing me every so often........

I'll use the he, is a he, no idea.........He's Gone.............Found his own way out........i suspect he knows his way around because i have some skinks, (lizards), who visit regularly and come inside..........From when i first saw the dam thing he had just gone past me no more that 2' at least.....Glad i didn't see him sooner....would have crapped myself.......dam near did when i saw the size of him...........

Say's they average around 4' 1".......this guy was all of that and some.....and had to be 50-60mm, over 2" in diameter......

So from the most deadly snake in Aus and at 6' ............ that it ended up a being just over 4' and although poisonous they have not been known to kill man but make you very sick......

hope that has livened up your day......certainly has mine........

Oh yea i didn't let it get out of my sight at all........i have to sleep here tonight and i would have had nightmares of the dam thing slithering into my bed..........

Really a beautiful creature, the markings and colour are outstanding. got some more pics but nothing really great. They will flatten their neck like a cobra, when they feel threatened........and that's what this guy did when he went out side.........he had half of his body inside with his head and neck on the first step, half in and out of the sun, Flattened the neck and stayed there for 20 min untill i went outside to try and get some shots. Pissed him off and he slithered off.......Kinda miss him now.......
Crop Text  IMG_2617.jpg

Back