Softtail

liljerry564

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey anyone have pics of an xs with a harley style softtail. I'm wanting to start my frame soon and I'm wondering if I should do a front half with a hardtail or a full frame with a softtail.

GervaisRousseau1.jpg

noid-craigs_750.jpg

I'd love to have a softail XS650. Why would you have to build a whole new frame? Couldn't one be adapted to the XS650 front half?

Because the frame I have has no title. In ohio there is no chance of getting a new title for it. Iv been looking for one with a title but its not looking good.

I have done one with just using a stock harley ass end and there are a couple guys on EBAY that sell the plates. You can get a titls from INTERNATIONAL TITLE SERVICE for $210.00 as long as you get the frame verified.

The state highway patrol does an inspection for 53 bucks. Then they but a vin tag on it and I'm good to go. I'm also going to title it to my business.

You better check a little more about that. No state that i know of offers VIN NUMBERS for a frame that has none. I have been doing this for over 30 years and have MSO and registered for frame building and it is a hassle to get it done so i don't do it and the last MSO bike i did stayed at the State Police impound for a month and i had to have every paper that had a price on it for parts that went into bike. So i think someone is not giving you all the info and if you are in OHIO i know they don't because i sold a frame to a guy with numbers and we couldn't get it Titled and i had to do the ITS title to get it for him.
Dude if you can make a frame and get it titled for under $300.00 you would be rich because there is 100 guys on here that would buy it for that.
Check before you get burnt. Not trying to break your balls but i heard many stories on titles and i have bike builds all over the US and overseas and NEVER got a break on a title. DMV is the same in all states and they all bide by the same rules. 20 years ago yes you can get a RECON Plate NOT NOW. If you could i got 10 frames and would be in the truck heading that way.

It will be titled as a self assembled bike. Its has to be put together as a whole bike. I take it to the highway patrol after the inspect it they order a vin tag then I have to bring the bike back and they put the tag on. I dont know if I can just build frames and sell them but I can make them for a whole bike. I just need the receipts for the steel.

Thats a MSO BUILD. Wait until you see the hassle they put you threw.Does Ohio have bike inspection? If they do that also has to be done.
GOOD LUCK BEEN THERE DONE IT DIDN'T work out like i wanted it too.
If you make the frame you have to be certified .
NY PA NJ all ask that so i am sure OHIO will.

Yeah they do the inspection here. It seems like the only thing they care about is stolen parts. Im hoping it works too. Iv read that people have had problems and other people have none. I guess it depends on the mood of the inspector.

Back