Software Update

Anything in the update we would notice?

Anything in the update we would notice?
Probably not. It was a lot of minor bug fixes and a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff. It should help with performance and blocking spam. It was mostly to get things caught up before the next big release. One minor change is iOS users can now install the progressive web app and get push notifications (this has been available for Windows and Android users for a long time).

One change i've noticed on iOS is that there are now thumbnail pictures in the classifieds where the user avatars used to be. I like that.

One change i've noticed on iOS is that there are now thumbnail pictures in the classifieds where the user avatars used to be. I like that.
That is a separate feature that I added on Tuesday. It uses the first attachment from the first post for the thumbnail image. There are also now separate fields for price and location that show up above the thread and also on the classifieds listings page. It's not perfect, but it's better than what we had.

Another new feature I added on Tuesday is Site Supporters and Top Contributors can now search their conversations (PMs). https://www.xs650.com/conversations/
1709822896042.png

A minor glitch, but I thought I'd mention it...
When you insert an image into a comment, the page you're on will jump all the way to the top of the page. Soon as the image loads, it'll scroll back down to the comment you were loading the image to. Much as I try to remember it's gonna do that, it takes me by surprise every time. You're like... wtf when it all of a sudden disappears. Doesn't hurt anything, just a little disconcerting.

I know another member mentioned it's happening to him.

Tried both Firefox and Brave. Both do it. Anyone else?

You're talking about attachments right? And not hot linked images? Or are you talking about copy and pasting images, or inserting attachments after they've already been uploaded?

You're talking about attachments right? And not hot linked images? Or are you talking about copy and pasting images, or inserting attachments after they've already been uploaded?
When you copy and paste. Sorry, should have been more specific. That's usually the only way I do it.

Since I first logged on this morning, I've had timeouts. I'll get the "site is taking too long to respond page." That'll go on for 5-10 min and then it'll work just fine for a bit. Then it'll go down again.

Tried on Google Fiber and Verizon. Chrome, Firefox and Brave. Other sites load normally while this a happening.

Anyone else?

Windows has been doing an update, both Allison's and my computers were slow for a while over the last day or two. mine got through it last night and is back to normal. Allison's was still chewing on it today. Us old folks are on Win8
Why doesn't Bill just let us know when he's got his fingers in the pie?

I go to settings > updates> pause updates for 7 days. I click on it until you can't...about 5 weeks. Then when you have time, download updates on your time, not windows. It'll say updates need a restart to complete...wait until everything is downloaded and installed, then restart. Sometimes installing takes a long time on a certain update. It's worked for me since I found out. Be patient.....I'M NOT.

Is anyone still having problems? I have been working on importing hotlinked images on and off over last week or so.

9/10 times that I'm having a problem with my computer, it's a Windows update that's waiting for me to restart my computer. :rolleyes:

Back