Source Dunlop K70s Best Deal

Mark Lewis

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
if I were going to buy a 4.00x18 and a 3.25x19 plus tubes where would I get the best price including shipping? Any suggestions on tube brands that are best value. This would be in the US.

I ordered some some new K70s, tubes, and a set of tire tools from J&P Cycles. I hope it won't be much harder than dirt bike tire change.

Takasago high shoulder rims are becoming "precious metal" these are not dirt bike rims. Easier to damage, proceed with caution. I personally pay a old pro with a manual machine to do my tire changes. I am the old guy who can tire iron dirt bikes. Do be careful !

IMG_2262.JPG

Hi Mark,
50 years ago me and a friend would lay the wheel on the ground with a small diameter tire under it,lube the rim with "green slime" (industrial hand cleaner), link arms and stomp the tire on with our engineer's boots.
I swear the tires we had back then went on a lot easier than the tires you get today.
I suggest that you go to a tire shop and scrounge a cupful of their special tire soap, it seems to work far better than the hand cleaner or dish soap that most folks use for their DIY tire installations.

IMG_2306.JPG
With a short prayer and some profanity I got the 3.50x19 Dunlop K70 on the front. There is plenty of clearance. Getting the ancient tire off was a bear and I finally cut the bead. I hardly needed tools to get the new tire on.

Back