spacers for rear mag wheel?

It doesnt show the caliper carrier but it goes between #11 and #13. Note that the chain side adjuster has one smaller hole that must be on the outside of the swingarm. Do not try to install the axle from the wrong side.

REAR_WHEEL.png

Parts ID here; http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1980/XS650SG/REAR+WHEEL/parts.html

Last edited:
ok what of that is seen on the axle and not in the wheel. guess im getting confused with so many little parts in that picture. is it axle-adjuster-spacer-brake carrier-cap-everything inside the rim-cap-adjuster-nut...... i realize cap may not be what its called but just go with it if you know what im talking about.

Yeah that pretty much describes it. A lot of that stuff is (or was) inside the wheel I don't know how far apart your PO had it. At least one member here found out the hard way that #23 was missing on his set up......

Parts 23 and 24 are outside the wheel on the left, parts 11 and 12 on the right. These are both spacers (23 and 11) with a tin dust or dirt shield pressed on. They are shown as 2 separate parts on the diagram but will come out of the wheel as one. The disc brake caliper carrier acts as an additional spacer on the right and fits between 11 and 13. 8 and 10 are grease seals over the bearings and the spacers fit into them.

The spacer #23 with collar #24 are the same drum or disc. They hold the wheel so the sprockets are lined up right. Parts #11 and #12 space the caliper bracket so the caliper is centered over the disc rotor.
When I did the drum to disc swap on my 75 the part #11 with collar #12 was the part I couldn't find. I had a spacer and a collar that fit the wheel ok but wasn't long enough to space the caliper bracket over the disc rotor. I had a couple that were a bit to long and with some careful grinding I adjusted one to space the caliper centered over the disc. So instead of having one spacer that fits I have two to hold in place when I slide the axle in.
On the axle adjusters I have the axle can't go through from the right side. The adjuster with the small hole in one side only has one mark to line up with the marks on the swing arm. If you put it on the left side the mark is pointed down. On the right it points up, so I have to put the axle in from the left with the nut on the right. Opposite of the way that diagram shows.
Leo

I don't have a disc set-up so all I can show you is the left side. Here are 23 and 24 fitted in over the grease seal with the axle stuck through .....

SpacerLeftRear.jpg

Back