Spoke sellers? Mikes XS Quality?

racerdave

^ Gone not forgotten ^
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of stainless spokes and nipples for a 19 inch front wheel. Mikes is out of stock right now. Anywhere besides Buchanans?

Can anyone comment on the quality of the stainless spokes Mikes XS list's?

I've used the Mike's stainless and think they're very nice. Never tried Buchanan's but would not due to cost. I'm sure they're OK but they had better be for what they charge. Personally, I'd wait for Mike's to restock.

I've used the Mike's stainless and think they're very nice. Never tried Buchanan's but would not due to cost. I'm sure they're OK but they had better be for what they charge. Personally, I'd wait for Mike's to restock.
I laced mine with stainless spokes, and cadmiun nipps. works fine.

+1 I used mikes on my front and rear. Very nice sets.

Well I'm running the 1.85 x 21" x 64 front and its really nicely made. I have not street tested it however. Quality wise, looks and feels good.

DSC_0197.jpg

DO NOT buy the 16 inch stainless spokes from MikesXS or XS650Direct. They will not work correctly. The outer spoke heads are shorter and don't match the angle of the hub to rim. I used the stock spokes and they worked perfect.
I had originally thought it was a hub issue but later found out it was the spokes.
I emailed them about this for a refund and was ignored.

Back