spoking a 18" rear rim to a 19" front hub?

Got an XS750 hub ready to spoke but I'm going to order another 3" rim for it.

hubz 001.JPG hubz 002.JPG

The mark II spoke hole and nipple head recess reangler.... The slots in the front work fine to cut aluminum "not to fast" the tangs on the back fit between the drill jaws so the bush spins with the bit. I set the the bit so that it only cuts one side of the front of the hole keeping the head end (inside) round.

hubz 004.JPG hubz 006.JPG

An improvement over the first version. Asking a vender about buying rims that are just dimpled but not drilled that may become a hair puller though.

hubz 007.JPG rod.JPG

I was having issues with the flexy rod, tightening the cones and keeping the wheel centered on the HF balancer so machined some 5/8 all thread and cut a taper on some coupling nuts, better!

This front wheel/tire got moved to Madness and rolled many miles, 12,000?? something like that, in spring of 2023 that Michelin is shot, past the wear bars. Going on next is a Dunlop Roadsmart 3 Front Tire (110/80-18)matched to a Shinko 140/70/18 on the rear also with a 3" rim. Thinking of Madness for Ozarks 23 MEBBY riding down there.... @GLJ ?????

Put the "big cones" on too (I hear we have to ride in the back??):rolleyes:

Hoping to bring this as my "quieter" bike
20230421_140204 (2).jpg

Tire been sittin' in the sun and the bead finally seated just now
20230421_140141 (2).jpg

Maybe the initial test ride in a bit..........

Back