Sport/Touring

And be prepared to pay for the bmw. My wife has an F800Gs. at 20,000$ cdn with bags....i got a versys which does the exact same thing for how we ride for less than half of that with bags.

Newer V-stroms are and excellent choice. My choice was between a Versys and a Strom and i just happened to be a regular customer at the Kawi/Ducati dealer, not the Honda/Zuki dealer. The 2012 Strom with the metal hard bags and all the touring accessories on it is a STEAL for the price and farkles it has.

I've been looking at the same bikes as you. The Vstrom makes the most sense to me. Price is right awesome v-twin torque and has all the options I want. I wish that Kawasaki would sell the versys 1000 in the states. So far I haven't seen one at the local dealer. That would be my 2nd choice.

Honestly, dont discount the 650 versys. It makes the same specs or so as the V-stroms 650 twin. Guess which bike they sell a ton more of? the 650...My versys feels like a freakin rocket compared to my XS. and smooth due to 180* firing. She will cruise all day at 150km/h and she can easily dart past 200km/h for passing. Keep in mind this was bought after i sold off of a Ducati 999 sbk and i was still impressed with the power.

Ducati 2V are super reliable, the 900, 1000DS and 1100DS and all the smaller guys under that are an absolute pleasure to ride. timing belts are simple as shit to do, i never did valve lash on my DS1000. I did buy a non factory service manual written by a ducati nut, i just need to remember where from. Very detailed with a ton of pics. ill try and find it.

In all honesty, if your ready to buy a new jap bike and do shim under valve adjustments which require cam removal, you can manage desmo 2v.

My brother inlaw had a Multistrada 1000Ds. It was awesome...until a bad landing on a wheelie destroyed it.

http://www.desmotimes.com/

That is the site....awesome manual. But who knows when he will be back,

Back