Spraymax 2K high gloss or semi matte?

muskallunge

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm prepping to paint my frame now that it's almost riding weather here in Montana. First timer but I'm not looking for pro results. Read a lot on here and going the cheaper route and doing the rattle can method for my base coats, aka sandable primer and ivory enamel spray paint.

I understand that Spraymax 2K is a good quality gas resistant clear coat but I'm thinking that the high gloss will be TOO glossy. So I thought the semi matte (which I'm hoping is more of a semi gloss) will be the better choice. I like the look when off white/cream frames and tanks get grimy from the road/age.

Any experience/suggestions?

Thanks.

Sure: screw the primer and top coat, use almond appliance epoxy. (gloss) Easy touch ups, spray in the can lid, apply with a brush, wait a day, rub out with blue magic you can't even see the repair.

2K is good for tanks (gas-proof) but otherwise it would be too much. Headache to apply too -- really need to cover all your skin, and hold your breath and run upwind to take a breath. There are YT vids of guys doing quite the opposite but they are probably sorry now.

Back