Spring

Hi, Leo... how you be, mate?

I heard a songbird when I was outside work about two weeks ago during an as-yet rare mild day. And I played a bit of guitar out on the back porch this past Sunday. This winter can't be over soon enough for me. I can't stands winter, I can't.

TC

Yeah, winter sucks for sure!

Attachments

• Ah, winter in Canada.jpg
    Ah, winter in Canada.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 124
Today actually begins the meteorological Spring. I have be seeing robins for quite a while for some odd reason. I know Spring is here when my neighbor wears her house coat, without a hat, to her mailbox. Can you say moo-moo. She is the spitting image of Mr. Roper's wife.

hi guys well monday in australia was the first day of autume... and in the western wimmera it rained heavy most of the day ,,, but i took my 1980 gs1000e for a spin the first time out ...together as 1.. boy did he feel strange.. i,ll have too ride more often.. it felt great ... regards oldbiker

Some of the snow melted today....... Swept water out of the barn, shed .......

Most of its gone. snow that is...... But it's not over yet Doin't think i will get tracker done by spring but i'm gonna keep going as fast as i can ( man...my day job, wife and kids get in the way lol )

This was the first day I saw the robins. And there were about 8. Usally I see just 1 the first time or two.
Actually this winter hasn't been to bad. I don't think it got below zero at my house.
The last couple weeks it gets warm, 40's to 50's a day or two then drops to the twenties an snows a few inches.
This time of year the snow is wet and heavy. The snow has settled to about 1/2 as deep as it was.
I like the warmer sunnier days. Might get the bike out tomorrow.

I pulled my TX off the maintainer last Sunday and fired her up to let her run a bit. Still too much mess to take her out, though. She was hard as hell to kick initially, even with the 15W40 I have in there now. But once I got the oil moving with some cold kicks, she fired right up on the first or second hot one.

I saw a robin yesterday, still 2' of snow here in Taxachusetts. Next season we get will be mud season, yuck, maybe get out and ride after the ground firms up a little.

It's a balmy 54* today in central Virginia.....only problem is that it is pouring rain and has been for the last 10-12 hours and is supposed to continue into tomorrow.....flash flood watch is in effect....going to have to stop working on the XS and start pulling the ark out of storage! I don't know guys, I don't think winter is quite through with us yet. In the close to 20 years that I have lived in this area, we have had some of our heaviest snows in the 2nd or 3rd weeks of March. I hope not!!

Back