Springer question

stevec8831

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I'm starting a 79 project and I'm new to yamaha custom building. I want to go with a springer front end and have learned from here that I will need a springer that is a 2" under. I don't want to use the 21" yamaha wheel I have because it's really old and rough looking. Plus I want use disc brakes and the rim I have has drum brakes. I've seen springers online that say they are made to fit the xs650 gooseneck. But what about the axle? Can I just buy a springer designed for xs650 gooseneck and use a regular harley 21" rim and brake set up. Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Brooksville, FL. Former home of MikesXS:) yea, most springers for XS's are standard(us) everything else. at least my DNA springer is... Welcome to the forum.

Brooksville, FL. Former home of MikesXS:) yea, most springers for XS's are standard(us) everything else. at least my DNA springer is... Welcome to the forum.

yeah, mikesXS use to be right next door to where I work. But shortly after I bought my bike he ended up moving to Tampa. Go figure. :)

Back