Stainless 1-2 intake manifolds from Counter Balance Cycles

westonboege

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ive been sourcing parts for a few weeks and finally put the first stainless 1-2 intake manifold together for a customer. Kits will be made to order for the first couple weeks, until i have enough time to get ahead.

If you are interested in special setups let me know. I can make the inlet centered(for custom frames), left side, or right side depending on your setup.

Kits are made with stainless tubing, high temp silicone couplers, hose clamps, hardware, and gaskets. Manifolds will be available in either high temp black, or high temp clear.

Stainless%2BIntake%2BManifold%2B001.jpg

Cheers

Wes

Got any larger pictures of this installed? I'm wondering how far it sticks out from the engine, and frame. Can the intake plenum be shortened to tuck the carburetor as close to the engine as possible? I see that its made for the Mukuni VM34 or 36mm round slides, but if I wanted to run a BS34 on it, will that just require a different silicon adapter?

I'm thinking this needs to be my next purchase.

Hey T1, I have been meaning to get some better pictures of the carbs installed. Ill get some more in the next few days.

The intake plenum can be as short as it needs to get the coupler and clamp secured. Which isnt much. Also I have been making these mount to the left side of the bike, but i can make them mount to the right side as well if you have high left side pipes or something. The VM34s and the BS34 flange is actually quite similar the only differ by a few thousandths. Id be interested to see how a bs runs on these.

Cheers,

wes

Nice work what the price and have you ever done any exhaust pipes? Why I am asking is I need a 2 into 1 exhaust to Turbo plate.

Nice work what the price and have you ever done any exhaust pipes? Why I am asking is I need a 2 into 1 exhaust to Turbo plate.

I have done exhaust systems. I just ordered a bunch of stainless steel, and am currently making some header collars and flanges to make a couple really nice sets of stainless pipes.

A 2into1 exhaust to turbo pipe sounds like alot of fun. I just picked up a new tig welder and have been dying to put it to work on some exhausts. I have a few resources for stainless tubing and laser cut stainless flanges... I am set up for argon back purging too.

Send and email to counterbalancecycles@gmail.com maybe we can work it out...

I will send you some pictures of one done but I am looking at either stretching frame to put turbo inside frame or putting it along side of motor. I got to figure out the oil pressure flow.
Thanks Rich

Ive been sourcing parts for a few weeks and finally put the first stainless 1-2 intake manifold together for a customer. Kits will be made to order for the first couple weeks, until i have enough time to get ahead.

If you are interested in special setups let me know. I can make the inlet centered(for custom frames), left side, or right side depending on your setup.

Kits are made with stainless tubing, high temp silicone couplers, hose clamps, hardware, and gaskets. Manifolds will be available in either high temp black, or high temp clear.

Stainless%2BIntake%2BManifold%2B001.jpg

Cheers

Wes
Is that 1-3/4'' tubing?

Back