Starting problems

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
So I go to start the xs tonight to go to bike night...doesn't want to start. Had to take my raider instead.

What am I doing wrong for e start?

80 degree day in Baton Rouge
1. Fuel on, bike on, e-start

Usually, It'll start or at worst I'll have to use half choke. Today...nothing till the battery wouldn't turn the starter. PITA. :banghead:

Cold days
1. Full Choke on, fuel on, bike on, e start
This usually works.

So should I be kicking it once or twice to save battery power for every start? I gotta get this bike running just on e-start for the wife...its her bike and I doubt she'll be kicking it over.

THanks

If your battery is not fully charged these babies are notorious for not firing the coils. I would give her a few good kicks and it should start, or re-charge your battery. The pamco systems that I have put on a few bikes seem to start much better even with a battery that is not perfect but that's just my opinion.

I'm running a pamco. The standard coil kit though. Battery had around 11.3 volts after my first attempt starting. Never had it start this hard before.

Mine needs the choke for the 1st cold start of the day, even on warm days. It doesn't need to be on long but it needs to be on for that initial shot of rich mix.

Back