Stator bolts

Kingpaul

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my stator bolts are all the way tight (not over tight just snug) the bike is locked at the kick starter and if it will turn over it's way too hard to kick,

Then if I loosen then just one or two turns the kicker starter is easy to kick,

Is there any spacers I'm missing? when I first started working on it It could be tight and still have the right compression..

This bike isn't running due to no spark and I'm thinking because I can't tighten the rotor all the way up it's not getting a good contact with the two moving prongs inside that touch the copper part..

You better take the stator off again and have a careful look around. At the bottom of the stator, there is a key way or pin (I can't remember which) that must be alined properly. Perhaps its not sitting right i.e. mis-alined.

Also, the screws for the brushes, are different lengths. If you install then in the wrong locations, the long ones can bind into the rotor.

You better take the stator off again and have a careful look around. At the bottom of the stator, there is a key way or pin (I can't remember which) that must be alined properly. Perhaps its not sitting right i.e. mis-alined.

Also, the screws for the brushes, are different lengths. If you install then in the wrong locations, the long ones can bind into the rotor.
You were right,

I looked underneath, I'm missing my locator pin, I remember seeing it on the floor and couldn't figure out what it was for, now I'm going to have to try and find another one..

Thankyou!

Back