stay away from jiffy lube

There's a fast lube in the next town,where the owner uses the "Top Brand" empty oil containers and refills them with dirt cheapest oil he can,then resells at full retail on oil changes:yikes:

I believe this is a motorcycle forum,not some grammar school and besides,did someone twist your arm to read the post?

Nobody twisted my arm, but it made my head hurt enough to hit the enter key :laugh:and I don't think Jiffy Lube does bikes!

Come to think of it, I had a bad one with them. I generally do all my own maintenance but when I was between houses and had no place to work on my ol' Trooper I had a Jiffy Lube do a sludge swap. It was $39.95 for the 'Signature Service' which, two days later, included a roughly half quart leak on the street in front of the house. I had an exra quart I keep for emergencies, I made sure the drain plug was tight then added some and drove straight there. They swapped the drain plug gasket for a new one from their stock, refilled it etc. The friggin' thing leaked continuously after that. I had a house to get ready so did not have time to really get into it or hang around their place bitching, so I just checked the oil twice a day and added if necessary. It left spots every damn place. When I finally got to do it myself, I replaced the drain plug and used drain plug gaskets I bought at DangerZone. Nary a drop after that, it uses ~ 1 quart in 4000 miles between changes (not bad for 193K miles). Sheesh. They damn near cost me a motor just when I REALLY did not need something like that to happen.

In my vision there was a rotating body. Could be a Texas slow roaster? :shrug:

She's actually in Kentucky, and still vertical most days. Good teacher. Her husband was my parent's mailman for 35 years.
You think my post is taxing to read, you should hear me speak! At least I can read this before I send it.:laugh:

In an effort to drag this post back on topic I'll relay what happened with my Yamaha VK snowmobile. I bought it 2d hand last spring and let the local dealer go through it to get it running smooth. The carbs needed to be cleaned and synced and oil changed. This is my 1st 4 stroke with a remote oil reservoir. The snow was just about gone when they finished so it went right into storage. During the summer, it leaked all the oil out of the tank onto my trailer deck. So took it back to the dealer and asked them to track that leak down... and redo the carbs since it ran like crap! They say they refilled the oil, cleaned out the belly pan and parked it on cardboard. No sign of any leaks. They found clogged jets and recleaned the carbs. Yes, I did add Stabil and ran it out of fuel. So yesterday I rode it and parked it in the garage and found the oil puddle right where it was all summer. Broke out the specs and cleaned off the tank. Found the drain plug was real loose and fixed it myself. 12mm wrench in the tool kit was all it took, and some wrist realignment. Just need to top off the tank with 0w - 40w. The dealer got a nice call.

Not all of us are bad!!!! Most of the the tech's i know are up to par.but there are some just shitty. and make a bad name for the good one's (iIv beed a auto tech for over 30 years. I have seen a lot of good one's and a few very bad one's.) you just hear about the bad one's.

I do 90 percent of my work, but i cant do alignments myself (tried) i have been paying for alignments on both cars, when both of my cars can only have a toe adjustment without having modifications done on either the strut to spindle bolts or the strut to strut tower bolts. also the rears dont adjust, so i thought i had a shop that was treating me fair, by giving me a better price and just "referencing" the rear.

When you referenc's the rear (or a thrust angle alignment ) it aligns the rear with the front for toe adjustment to center the steering wheel.it's the same as a front end only alignment.just used to center the steering wheel.( most shops wont garentee a centered steering wheel with out one.
Save your $$$$$ and get just the front end done. Sarry about all caps i just seen it and i/m not redoing it.

There's only one shop that I give any business to. They do all our work on our work trucks and they do a great job. I'm actually taking my jeep grand cherokee there tomorrow to get the front cv shaft replaced. Its sad since this is the first time I've had to take it to a shop in 10 years. I try to do all my work myself but its to damn cold and the 3 hrs of labor is well worth it.

My nephew works at a Jiffy Lube. He hates it and they treat their employees like crap. I actually just got him hired where I work so he can have a good for and actually makes so good cash.

Went to Firestone to have my oil changed, they told me oil pan was damaged so I needed oil pan replaced and gasket changed......$600.......went home and looked myself. Not even a nick in the darn thing. I wish I would've checked right in front of them and embarrassed them :laugh:

Needless to say, shortly after that I sold the car and bought my XS :bike:

No more morons to put up with

Funny, MTcycle... the correct grammar in your sentence should be "Where're" not "Where's" the grammar police when you need them?

Sucks when you open your pie hole and you end up looking dumber than the guy you're trying to put down huh? Just say'n'. :)

Back