steel braided brake lines

So I am following this thread, and have what is hopefully not a stupid question:shrug:
Is the purpose of the brake line adaptior on the triple tree for haveing 2 front brakes:confused: Can I just run a line from the master cylinder to the caliper:confused:and just use a longer braided steel line from Mikes:confused:thanks:thumbsup:

Yes, the junction block on the lower triple tree is for splitting off a second line to a second brake. Some of the European 650s came so equipped. Yes, you can eliminate the junction block and just run one single long line from MC to caliper. However, from most reports, that 42" line from Mike's appears to be too long. You're probably better off measuring exactly what you need and getting a custom length one off eBay. Cost is the same, maybe even a bit less.

IMG_20130410_220742.jpg

Still have to make a guide to keep the line where I want it, but it seems like there is plenty of length.

So I am following this thread, and have what is hopefully not a stupid question:shrug:
Is the purpose of the brake line adaptior on the triple tree for haveing 2 front brakes:confused: Can I just run a line from the master cylinder to the caliper:confused:and just use a longer braided steel line from Mikes:confused:thanks:thumbsup:
some years had a pressure switch mounted there (front brake light switch)

Back