Steering Stabilizer?

bbancsov

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone mounted one onto an XS? I saw on MikesXS they offer one, and i can see how it mounts to the fork tube but i cannot get my head around where the other end mounts to. The Triple or handlbe bar? Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Got a link? If I see it, I can probably explain how it mounts.

It would have to mount to one of the frame down tubes; probably the one opposite the fork tube it is attached to (i.e. left fork to right frame). I'd like to see what others came up with for a frame bracket.

That very same damper came stock on my '75 H1 Kawasaki triple. The eye mounted to the bottom of the lower triple tree (off center to the right a bit), shock end to the right frame down tube. Down tube had a mounting tab for it, tree had a hole to bolt the eye to. You could probably mount it without that extra $30 clamp.

The first few years had one stock. A different set up, it was a friction type and was mounted through the steering stem. One part was hooked to the frame the other to the lower tree and the adjuster came up through the stem with a knob on top.
Leo

You just fabricate a bracket on the frame downtube and I would put it on the left side of the bike.

I never felt the need for one on my 650 once I had it set up correctly (suspension, steering head bearings). Those old Kawasakis were another story. I actually put 2 on my '69. It came with the friction one and I added the hydraulic one, lol.

Back