Stock Exhaust Crossover Clamp Size?

DirtyErnie

Renaissance Hick
Reaction score
My search-fu is failing me :umm:

What size is the clamp for the stock exhaust crossover? I need to add at least one more cent to my Amazon shopping cart to get free shipping, and I need a clamp that wasn't shipped with eBay Junkyard exhaust.

:cheers:

No, they're free clamps, cuz this one fell off and is missing. There's four pads, spaced 90 degrees apart, on the petals where the right side slides into the left side. all I know is a 1.75" clamp is too big. 1 1/2?

This is for the '80-84 Special, that may be important here.

Last edited:
No, they're free clamps, cuz this one fell off and is missing. There's four pads, spaced 90 degrees apart, on the petals where the right side slides into the left side. all I know is a 1.75" clamp is too big. 1 1/2?
This is for the '80-84 Special, that may be important here.

Hi Ernie,
just for you, I crawled under my Heritage Special and measured the bastard.
The split cuff on the end of the leftside crosspiece that the clamp fits over is 1-5/8" OD.
Don't forget that the joint between the two crosspipes needs a mebbe 1/8" wall crush sleeve to fill the gap.
You'll need a new one because they only work once.
My crosstube is squeezed by an ordinary hose-clamp that seems OK but if I were to remake that joint I'd use
a wider clamp, the ~$5 all stainless steel nut'n'bolt one from a hydraulics supply store.

Back