Street tracker tires

Doug79

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am about to tear my hair out for trying to find the answer to what should be a simple question. Omar's says to get 27.0 X 7.0 X 19 tires. Those seem to be very hard to find even from "the dirt track tire man." I have searched for a number of manufactures and so for cannot find a replacement tire size. Even manufactures recommended in the street tracker threads on this web site are not panning out. No one seems to publish detailed specs. that include the mounted cross section measurement, which is critical due to swing arm width of 5.5". has anyone bought and mounted 19" tires that are correct for this conversion? if so, what brand and size did you buy?

I run 27.0X7.0X19 Vee Rubber dirt track tires an a WM3 (2.5") rim and they measure 4.75" at the (cross section) widest point, fully inflated. They also have a inflated diameter of 26." What swing arm are you using? I use a Radian swing arm and have good clearance all around.

Last edited:
They are VRM 394 Dirt Tires. Got them from Cedar Rapids Tire Co. They have a web site.

I run 27.0X7.0X19 Vee Rubber dirt track tires an a WM3 (2.5") rim and they measure 4.75" at the (cross section) widest point, fully inflated. They also have a inflated diameter of 26." What swing arm are you using? I use a Radian swing arm and have good clearance all around.
How do those Vee Rubber tires handle on pavement? Rain? Life expectancy? Thanks

I have no idea about the Vee Rubber tires. When I rode the bike it had Dunlop K70`s. I just bought the Vee Rubber tires because they were dirt cheap.:shrug:

I have no idea about the Vee Rubber tires. When I rode the bike it had Dunlop K70`s. I just bought the Vee Rubber tires because they were dirt cheap.:shrug:
What did you think of the Dunlop K-70's? I've got a lot of miles on touring bikes but I haven't ridden a "standard" bike in decades except for this recent purchase of the '81 650. There is a ton of info on everything but tires. I really want "the look" but I plan on riding it a fair amount. That being said, I don't want to trade street performance just for style. I know you can't have it both ways but how would you compare the K-70's to a modern tire? Thanks

Right now Hoosier Tires is running a liquidation of their Gen 1 Flat Track tires for $85 each shipped, in the sift and medium compounds. I bought two medium compound FT 50 series, myself in a 130x19 and a 140x19
These aren't DOT approved but I figured at that price all they can do is wear fast.

https://shop.hoosiertire.com/flat-track.html

If you want DOT then Dunlop K180 is the ticket 07550ft40.jpg07500_1.jpgK180_FrontRear_3-4.jpg

Last edited:
Right now Hoosier Tires is running a liquidation of their Gen 1 Flat Track tires for $85 each shipped, in the sift and medium compounds. I bought two medium compound FT 50 series, myself in a 130x19 and a 140x19
These aren't DOT approved but I figured at that price all they can do is wear fast.

https://shop.hoosiertire.com/flat-track.html

If you want DOT then Dunlop K180 is the ticketView attachment 207607View attachment 207608View attachment 207609
How do the K-180's handle on pavement, ride, wear, wet? Thanks

Can't comment about handling. As I understand it Dunlop got the molds from Goodyear when they got out of the motorcycle tire business. Goodyear initially developed the tread pattern as the rain tread for road racing slicks so I imagine they'll shed water pretty well. Since these are the DOT approved variant I will assume that they're the hard dirt track compound to wear longer on the street. I have a pair coming to try but can't say when that will be.

The Vee Rubber tires mentioned by half Mile above are available from A&J Products in Fayetteville GA since I see that you're Georgia based. Just so happens that Dave Aldana lives in Fayetteville GA, hmmmmmmm........

Can't comment about handling. As I understand it Dunlop got the molds from Goodyear when they got out of the motorcycle tire business. Goodyear initially developed the tread pattern as the rain tread for road racing slicks so I imagine they'll shed water pretty well. Since these are the DOT approved variant I will assume that they're the hard dirt track compound to wear longer on the street. I have a pair coming to try but can't say when that will be.
Thanks. My project is just getting started. Right now I'm deciding between 18" or 19" wheels. I've got hubs and am planning on buying aluminum rims from Mike's XS. The dilemma is !9" wheels from Mike are a max 2.15", whereas I can go to 2.50" with an 18" and get a little fatter tire. I'm leaning towards the 19's. Please let me know when you get the Dunlops and how they work. Thanks

He must have moved there recently. Last I knew, he lived in California. I lived in Fayetteville for 21 years myself.

He's been here at least 10 years that I know, generally makes it all the regional AHRMA events, however small. Has a stable of heavily modified Honda singles he runs. He was recently in Priceville AL for an indoor short track in January and this past weekend in Ocala FL for an outdoor 3/8 mile track race

Back