swing arm bolt disaster

Jaydela180

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Bolt moved with a few hard hits of hammer. After recessed in swingarm I grab a solid long flat head. Threads already messed so I figured what's the harm.....

I think I managed to lodge flat head in between pivot tube and bolt. No bolt movement out or in and my "drift" is stuck. What to do now?

Unravel your emergency paracord bracelet. Tie one end to the screwdriver. Tie the other end to a concrete block. Throw the concrete block as hard as you can. Remember to wear safety glasses.

Might also want a helper to hold the bike while you throw the block. Don't want the bike tipping over.
Leo

Just got her loose. Got a set of vise grips on swing bolt to provide a lip to hit with pipe and a sledge from opposite side.

Now the question is whether all swingarm bolt are the same? Definitely gonna need a new one. Thanks

Very inventive.

I used Mike's bolt. It doesn't have that neck down in it. Plus many of the used necked down ones have a crack right there.

All the swing arm bolts from 74 up are the same, not so sure on the 70-73.
You could look it up on one of the parts sellers.
The Suzuki 81-84 GS1100 is supposed to fit. It doesn't have the necked down part.
Leo

Back