swingarm, Radian or braced stock

That's encouraging. I am starting today on the stearing head and swing arm bushings. I don't get much time to work on it but I have the parts. This bike I intend to sell, so will likely end the up grades there. It has Mikes flat sides and long comandoes. I am keen to see how the handling improves.

It'll take a couple hours for each end of the bike. More or less. Depends on you experience. The difference may surprize you. I thought mine handled fine, after it was much better.

Does anyone have any experience with the braced 650 swingarms? I just bid on one on eBay.

Considering the forkbraces as well, but I have 34mm forks, MikesXS says they're for 77-on, is it only minor modification needed?

hi guys,,, i think the braced standard swingarm looks cool,,, on any xs650,,, it gives it a LOOK,,, you could drop a tx750 arm in direct swap,,hard to find ...fairly cheap if lucky,, as something different ,,, why not put a suzuki gsx1100 alloy swing arm on with dual shocks ..early gsx1100 not late model . and there is not alot of work to do to get it tooooo work nicely ... and gets rid of flex,,, also is lighter than the standard swing arm .. about 1/3 --1/2 the weight .... regards oldbiker

Back