SWITCHES wire Diagram

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
OK I have been playing with these switches and they work good but you will go nuts on the colors of the wires nothing is what you think. So for you guys buying these I am going to make it easy for you and break down the wires,
I also sells these if you need to buy. These are close to stock but half the price.

LEFT SWITCH which is HORN - High/LOW - TURN SIGNALS
HORN.......... is 2 wires Lite Green and Dark Green
TAKE YOUR PICK BECAUSE its 12 VOLTS in 12 VOLTS OUT
HIGH/LOW...... is 3 wires BLUE HIGH/ WHITE LOW/ BROWN 12 volts
TURN SIGNAL...... is 3 wires ORANGE LEFT TURN / LITE BLUE RIGHT TURN
and GRAY 12 volts ( PUT YOUR FLASER on GRAY WIRE )

RIGHT SWITCH which is STARTER BUTTON - LIGHTS ON - KILL
STARTER is 1 wire to ground YELLOW/RED ( to soliniod ground )
LIGHTS ON is a over kill and can be used as a H/L also 4 wires
BROWN RUNNING LIGHT to TAIL LIGHT
BROWN/WHITE LOW BEAM
BLUE/WHITE HIGH BEAM
BLACK 12 volts YES I SAID BLACK!!!!!!! 12 VOLTS
KILL is 3 wires GRAY 12 volts IN!!! ORANGE 12 volts out to coil/ignition BLUE also 12volts out to what ever you also want to kill.
I USE ORANGE to COIL and BLUE to IGNITION
AND these are 6 pin small so easy to adapt .

OK I hope I helped because these work well but a little hard to read the wires. Pictures below of switches.

Attachments

• IMG_1994.JPG
    IMG_1994.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 132
I ordered a left control on amazon before I saw your post here. If I like the quality when it comes in I'll order the right from you. I think it will be in tomorrow so hopefully I'll know by this weekend, but no later than Monday im sure. I appreciate the quick response DG. Thanks

OK no problem. Just go over the wires because I have been buying switches and checking them out to offer a good one and most of them come with a small 6 pin connector but the wire setup is different than the stock XS650 harness

10-4. I figured they would be different. I see your wiring diagram above, that should help. Im just running headlight hi/lo, signals left side and kill right side. I may use that head light on / off on the right side though. Considering it.

Thanks.

Hey dg..I will be ordering a harness from you tomorrow...how do I go about ordering one?? At the moment I have electrical gremlins popping my fuse and I'm fed up and just wanna wire it up fresh with New wires....I have a 72 xs and I only want headlight brake/run light ...and just a toggle switch to turn on the bike and it's kick only...can you help me out

Yep can help you out.
Here is the magic question
What you running for charging and POINTS PAMCO BOYER because I got to get you a TCB kit to go along with harness
LIGHTS FRONT AND BACK
BRAKE SWITCH
KICK ONLY
HIGH LOW SWITCH toggle
ON/OFF toggle
4 position fuse box
Small box for switches
THATS IT RIGHT
You can PM me and I will give you my paypal
$125.00 SHIPPED (I am running a week and a half out)
Rich

Back