SWITCHES

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Found some aftermarket switches that I am going to get this week and check them out for some harnesses. Look good but we will put them threw the test.:yikes:
I am looking for a good switch small and clean.

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 201
I've been scouring thru tens of thousands of handlebar switches, for a separate project, and saw those.
Looks promising, has headlight hi/low, but headlight is always on.

Then I stumbled onto some sort of fall-down/crash sensor.

To let you know you've fallen down.

Has it gotten to the point that we need that kind of thing???

Not really. I use these OFF/ON/LIGHTS and so far out of over 35 used I only had one bad and dealer was going to take it back but never sent back to me. So I will do some testing end of week and I bought a bunch from here in US but I got one of my Japan contacts that says he can get me same. So I ordered two from him too.
For café bikes and Brat bikes I like using handle bar switches. All out chop I tend to hide them much cleaner look. I been playing around with different enclosers and going to send DOG a couple to try out. I know hes building a couple bikes and I got some cool things on the bench besides just switches. Hydraulic Jockey Shift HAHA!!!

TwoMany I use the same switch plus a toggle for my headlight on & off. The handlebar switches have been working great for a few years.

Then I stumbled onto some sort of fall-down/crash sensor.

To let you know you've fallen down.

Has it gotten to the point that we need that kind of thing???

You may not but modern bikes do. My 88 Goldwing had tilt sensors. They were a kill switch for the motor. Skilled riders doing sharp turns in parades and the like would always disable them.

What a wonderful modern age we live in. :thumbsup:

I know its not what your looking for, but Im about to start a bike build on a 1980, and the owner wants early controls, but wants the e-start. I plan on relocating the key, but what do you suggest for a momentary switch to kick on the starter? Ive considered lawn mower ign switches, but they look clumsy, as they are usually mounted on a panel. same with automotive iggy's. I want a compact one I can mount to the stock neck gusset. or on a small bracket somewhere under the seat.

I know its not what your looking for, but Im about to start a bike build on a 1980, and the owner wants early controls, but wants the e-start. I plan on relocating the key, but what do you suggest for a momentary switch to kick on the starter? Ive considered lawn mower ign switches, but they look clumsy, as they are usually mounted on a panel. same with automotive iggy's. I want a compact one I can mount to the stock neck gusset. or on a small bracket somewhere under the seat.

What about an ignition switch start key. Off - On - Start

Readily available

Fall down module are on many new bikes. All the Hayabusa have them and if you put it back upside down bike won't start. They are kind of scary because if you do a wheelie high enough the bike stumbles HAHA. Its like those stupid kick stand switches that go bad and bike cuts out.
I use these switches OFF/ON/LIGHTs and a push button start that you can buy at any auto store. I have used car switches and they work well but yes they are big.

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 2014-08-22 07.56.31.jpg
    2014-08-22 07.56.31.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 2014-05-12 15.38.08.jpg
    2014-05-12 15.38.08.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 2014-09-11 17.23.36.jpg
    2014-09-11 17.23.36.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 161
Most any bike with a fuel pump and carbs has a tip over switch for a kind of obvious reason if you think on it.

New bike yes. Older ones didn't have it. I had a couple GPZ 1100 and some early GSXR and no they didn't have it. Maybe there was a law or something that they all got on the band wagon. I take them off the race bikes I build and know guys who have taken them off there street/Race bikes too. This bike here it was removed. Bike is rode on street everyday and does 9:40 1/4 mile time at track. There is just so much BULLSHIT put on these new bikes its crazy. Had a guy call me sunday had his oil changed and he said bike shuts off when he puts it in gear. DUH!!!!KICK STAND DOWN HAHA..

Attachments

• 2013-07-19 15.25.42.jpg
    2013-07-19 15.25.42.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 153
That fall-down switch thing makes sense now. Thanx for the education.
I suppose it could also trigger a "Life Alert" device that would transmit:

"Help! I've high-sided and can't get up!"

Your FUNNY.....:laugh:
Years ago a guy at the race track made a switch and wheel for stopping his bike to wheelie. As the bike went up the little wheel rode under bike if it got too the bike broke up and came right down under power. Cool little device.

Found some aftermarket switches that I am going to get this week and check them out for some harnesses. Look good but we will put them threw the test.:yikes:
I am looking for a good switch small and clean.

I have one of those on my chopper. They work okay, but feel pretty cheap (cast aluminum housing with plastic guts). I'm actually going to install the Posh toggle and button switch (signals and horn) and move the headlight switch to my electrical box. All in the switch cost me $60 CDN and was delivered in 1 week from Japan.

Back