tach and spedo

found a pretty good looking set including both gauges and the ignition panel on E-Bay. it says it is for a 79 but is a little different than mine. Might have to figure out the wiring but that shouldn't be too big of a problem

'79 Special or Standard? Special will have the black and orange needle, Standard will have the black and white needle. I believ the Standard with the black and white needle has the green plastic face base whereas the Special is yellow......thus the Standard will be a little more subdued in lighting, and the Special much brighter.

I have a Special and they are orange needles the set on E-Bay have the same orange needles but all of the warning lights are in the ignition switch panel. only the high beam light in in a gauge.. I will compare the pig tails tomorrow and if they are close I will orobably grab them.

Aye, you should be fine.....splice the gauge lights over to the light tree or get inventive and restore the lights to the new gauge.
Save the rubber cushion on the old gauges that sits between the glass face and the dial face as they're a decent replacement for the rubber that fits between the bezel and the gauge bucket.......look fine from a couple feet away.....lol

Last edited:
Doug, I've got a pretty nice '79 tach I was planning on selling. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you a photo.

Back