Tail Light mounting ideas?

cmyoch

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I have a cat eye tail light that I purchased from a fellow XS'er on here. I have it mounted to a cheap trailer license plate mount that I have rubber mounted to my fender. I like the look but I do not like the fact that the tail light is at an angle. Does anyone have any ideas how to make my tail light more verticle? I'm open to any ideas to make this look better yet totally functional. Oh, and obviously not too expensive either. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2011-07-28_20-02-53_721 (800x451).jpg
    2011-07-28_20-02-53_721 (800x451).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 198
Not a very good picture then because from the one you posted, it looks like if you were to mount it closer to the seat, it would be more verticle.

My bad...just took another look at the pix and I see what you're saying. Maybe you could make a small bracket to attach to the mounting that is already there.

I'll see what metal I have laying around to possibly fab something. I'm curious if anyone else had this issue and what they either bought or made to correct it.

what is it made out of; can you cut a divot out of the backside like a felling cut on a tree trunk and bend it back level and re weld it? Might be able to rivet it upright even.

Back