Tank lift on stock tank?

Tron

Bearded Sheep Whisperer
Reaction score
Has anybody done a tank lift on a stock tank? As in what a lot of guys on the sportster do to make them i suppose more "frisco" style.

Basically just lift the front of the tank so its on a steeper angle, and sits higher?

I like the capacity of the stock tank, but want a lil different look.

if anyone has, or has an idea how to, speak now!

try it. those stock tanks are on the big side to be doing it, but you might like it. Also, some krylon will do wonders to cover your lowrider mural.

relax james, the paint will be gone in due time. Im away from the bike right now, i've only owned it for a week!

It won't be simple because the stock front tank mounts are welded on both frame and tank. You will also have to watch for clearance to the triple clamps at full lock.

Has anybody done a tank lift on a stock tank? As in what a lot of guys on the sportster do to make them i suppose more "frisco" style.

Basically just lift the front of the tank so its on a steeper angle, and sits higher?

I like the capacity of the stock tank, but want a lil different look.

if anyone has, or has an idea how to, speak now!

try it. those stock tanks are on the big side to be doing it, but you might like it. Also, some krylon will do wonders to cover your lowrider mural.

I've got an extra stocker laying around I've been eyeballin' for chop and shallow tunnel. Maybe I'll tackle it Friday and bring some pictures back.

I%2527m+watching+you+focker.jpg

Its not this forum, just me.

Back