Taper Tip Muffler Noise Level

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out what the "taper tip" muffler sounds like and how loud it is. Mikesxs Part #07-0041. I am interested in them, but want to know how they are first. I would be attaching them to my stock pipes.
Thanks all.

Sound good until yo get up to around 50 mph plus and then get quite loud. If you want taper tip and not too loud get harley sportster take offs. There is a guy here locally that is selling them for $35.00/pair or each not ssure now.

I didn't have the ones from mikes but had some universal ones. Sounded pretty good but waaay too loud for a regular (650cc) street bike. Especially on extended freeway runs. Had a mate do a ride by and give it some stick and decided to remove them - I like to be able to ride my bikes hard without advertising the fact to everyone within a block radius. Guess it just depends on how tight the man is around your area. Too many blitzes on bikes where I live.

I have a set of mikes, way too loud for me, and one of the mounting brackets broke from the vibes after 1000kms. I know there is a fix for that -but they are too loud for me to bother fixing.
Reminds me of a set of mega phones I had on a Honda 350, one fell off one day and the bike was quieter with out the muffler!

Thanks all. My bike is load enough with open pipes, so it's a no go on the TaperTips. I'm looking for a short muffler that sounds good and is not deafening (spelling?)

Check out Funk Motorsports website. they sell Emgo universal mufflers, quite a few styles, for less than I've seen anywhere else.

dld1

Forgive me I forgot my most favorite exhaust system the gloroius Supertrapp universal. Free flowing and tunable for sound about $165.00, but worth the price of admission brushed stainless other options honking good looks and sound.

Back