Tc Bro’s Springer front end help.

BigMitch25

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I’m new to the site, and motorcycles in general, and I’ve got a moto-iron Springer fork on the frame. I just want to take it off so I can do a decent paint job on the frame, but I can’t get it. I’ve looked for videos and diagrams of how it fits together and according to everything I’ve read it should just slide off at the point I have it at. Wondering if anybody can give me some advice or maybe share me a link of what I’m missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
0A4D2E75-2DA2-4159-A9DC-C9D795DB5ECE.jpeg

looks like you have rust stopping it from slipping through the bearing.use a penetrate and let it sit for a day then use a wooden mallet and tap from the top

I had guessed that’s what it was, I’m letting it soak for a while. Is that washer on top of the bearings attached to them or is it separate? I can move the bearings around but I think that the washer might be seized

I had guessed that’s what it was, I’m letting it soak for a while. Is that washer on top of the bearings attached to them or is it separate? I can move the bearings around but I think that the washer might be seized
That's the inner race of the bearing I can read Timkin on it.
You will want a solid support under the frame neck to the floor. Think a 2x4, top cut to fit around fork if needed.
Then a chunk of aluminum on top of the stem to protect the thread. Use the biggest hammer you got, better slow solid hits with a big maul than wild swings with a small hammer. That should do it.

Last edited:
Back