TC Bros Springer Installation - Anybody did it?

solidstateirons

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am having some trouble understanding the instructions that came with the kit i bought to install a DNA springer on my XS. Has anybody done it using their conversion kit?

Please a little help with this so I can move to another part of the bike.

Thanks in advance

theres a bike washer that goes under the lower race, everything else is pretty standard
according to the instructions there is a race that i have to keep to place under the bottom bearing, serves the purpose as a spacer but im pretty sure they talk about a part from the OEM bearings. I dont have OEM bearings anymore so if i need a spacer for the bottom part, how thick should it be?
What did you use?

I have installed 10 of them and I don't use that kit. ALL BALLS seats....1" bearings.... cut 1/16" off bottom tube so bearing sits right That's it!!!!
Those kits make up the difference of the cut . Same install for Sportster front ends or any Harley on XS650 front.... LOWER SEAT sits high and you got to take that off so bearing sits flush. Also on springer there is a allen key on springer to hold stem. I always use a smaller drill bit to cut into stem so it cannot move. HAD THEM DROP on bumps HAHA POTHOLES

Attachments

• 100_0856.jpg
    100_0856.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 1,432
  • frame&springer.jpg
    frame&springer.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 466
  • smurf.jpg
    smurf.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 640
  • xs650 w springer.png
    xs650 w springer.png
    918.4 KB · Views: 747
I have installed 10 of them and I don't use that kit. ALL BALLS seats....1" bearings.... cut 1/16" off bottom tube so bearing sits right That's it!!!!
Those kits make up the difference of the cut . Same install for Sportster front ends or any Harley on XS650 front.... LOWER SEAT sits high and you got to take that off so bearing sits flush. Also on springer there is a allen key on springer to hold stem. I always use a smaller drill bit to cut into stem so it cannot move. HAD THEM DROP on bumps HAHA POTHOLES

Unfortunately i read forums about it AFTER i got that kit, so now im stuck with it. I need to get like a spacer at the bottom now.

Question, can you explain more about the screw that holds the stem? I dont want it to fall off either haha!

I'm waiting for a photo I emailed to myself then Ill show you the washer, the set screw he's talking about holds the stem during installation, its in back of the lower tree

here's what I have the washer tc sends the race and the bearing still nned a xs dust seal

Attachments

• 20170224_195835.jpg
    20170224_195835.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 283
just got home ill do it in the morning should be about a 1/16 should have come with the tc kit
hey did you guys ever figure the springer spacer out? I did not buy a kit of TCbros and pieced it together myself. I have bought the following:

- 1" trailer bearings
- stock xs650 racers

After that I need to cut down the stem nut to match the xs650 kit. However, I am still unclear of the spacer. Any suggestions?? Any help would be awesome!

TC Brothers sell in there kit a spacer that makes up the 1/16" that you need on the bottom so that the springer sits flush with the neck . I cut the bottom because that is just one more piece to go bad. If you are going to switch back and forth from springer or Harley front end then I would use there kit. I like using the sportster front end because you can also buy a raked tree 4 degree 5 degree etc and put a rake in the front. With the springer you can't do it as easy. For people who are not good around cutting tools I would just buy the kit and use the spacer. HINT HINT !!!!! the old race you knock out of the bottom can be sanded down and used as spacer its almost 1/16" but I will keep that to myself LOL

TC Brothers sell in there kit a spacer that makes up the 1/16" that you need on the bottom so that the springer sits flush with the neck . I cut the bottom because that is just one more piece to go bad. If you are going to switch back and forth from springer or Harley front end then I would use there kit. I like using the sportster front end because you can also buy a raked tree 4 degree 5 degree etc and put a rake in the front. With the springer you can't do it as easy. For people who are not good around cutting tools I would just buy the kit and use the spacer. HINT HINT !!!!! the old race you knock out of the bottom can be sanded down and used as spacer its almost 1/16" but I will keep that to myself LOL

Awesome! I made a 1/16th spacer but still ran into not having enough of a spacer ended up having to use 1/8th spacer to make it fit right. Now just need to cut the neck nut down like the TC Bros kit clearly did. Everyone is sold out of the kit and it would have been wayyyyy easier to have the kit to install but this way was more fun to mess around and figure it out. thank you for the advise!

Back