TC brothers COINCIDENCE????

charlesincharge09

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So my buddy pointed out a bike that was built by TC bros after i got my bike done.
I know i am not the first to run enduro tires, not the first to drill my mags, not the first to countersink the holes, i defiantly know im not the first to run a sportster tank lol, and am not the first to run my oil tank verticle.

BUT there are many many similarities, with my bike and this one. Coincidence or not? either they both are kickass!

HERE IS THE LINK TO THEIR BUILD ----> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150948862122799.422329.120803227798&type=1

555830_10150948922007799_1872977970_n.jpg

rims and tires

581969_10151001368947799_2040004291_n.jpg

Oil tank

527205_232592810196049_1731643429_n.jpg

My bike

The only thing thats the same is the tires..and im running the same ones

Look like to completely different bikes to me..Not to be a dick, but If you want to break new ground, a hardtail xs with a sporty tank, and stock wheels isn't the ticket.

That being said, your build is a hell of a lot nicer then the tc bros

Look like to completely different bikes to me..Not to be a dick, but If you want to break new ground, a hardtail xs with a sporty tank, and stock wheels isn't the ticket.

i fully understand that a hardtailed xs has been done everywhere and anywhere but as far as the rim and tire set up it is almost identical, except mine has more holes, and the oil tank is in the same location,

no kidding, I'll bet you could go on xs650chopper.com and find a dozen bikes with drilled mags, sporty tank, enduro tires and vertical oil tank.

Agreed! Colour , layout and the bars make yours much more pleasing to the eye!:thumbsup:

i fully understand that a hardtailed xs has been done everywhere and anywhere but as far as the rim and tire set up it is almost identical, except mine has more holes, and the oil tank is in the same location,

Face it, if someone "copies" your ideas, take it as a compliment! It means they are thinking; "Dang, why didn't I think of that??!"

Now if your bike was completely different and unique in every way, and they copied it, I would tend to agree, but as pointed out by you and others, run of the mill stuff has been used. Many variations are possible - endless actually! - so someone is bound to have similarities to other bikes.

Enjoy the fact that they "copied" your bike!!! (They don't look very similar to me, bar the bits you pointed out, but yours I would pick out of the two any day!!!:bike:)

I like your bike better too. The color, the bars, the drill patter on the wheels, the headlight, your mid controls..... Nice job.

I like yours better and to be hounest i have built over 30 of these suckers and they have shown up in mags and shows and i was never mention and thats cool with me because you bought it from me and do what ever you want with it.I built drop seats mono shock bikes and all kinds of crazy bikes just not XS650 and they were copied SO WHAT> One of my bikes was in HORSE MAG this summer and the guy said it took him 2 years to build it and i laughed because he wasn't even the guy who i built it for. TC Brothers uses my bike in there tire add. Did i ever get a discount NO! who cares. I alway say if they are coping you talking about you good or bad then you are doing something good. People love your look and maybe copying it and BIG UPS TO YOU.
VERY NICE design and build.

I plagerize ideas all the time! Why else peruse images on the web and in magazines and go to bike shows? Just to see it and forget it?
I have an accent job I done on my Road Star that I have seen half a dozen times since I first posted a pic, and 3 of the guys said they came up with it themselves. Yea, maybe the paint work, but putting the EXACT SAME STAR MOTORCYCLES BADGE IN THE SAME PLACE? Right.
I don't care, personally. I don't "show" my bikes, but I will freely admit when I copy something from another bike.
"Saw one like this and thought it was cool." Anonymus credit. It's what I usually do. If I see something I'm GOING to copy, especially on a forum, I tell 'em right then, "I'll be stealing that!"

I don't get your point. I visited TC Bros shop last week, 30 miles from me. They aren't open as a store yet, no signs outside, nice size building. The owner said they were too busy with online business to focus on a brick and mortor setup. I got a great tour of the facility. They had more employees, stock and machinery than I would have imagined. It was a nice experience, got a free catalog and instructions for their hardtail. I was shown prototypes and makings of products to be offered in the future, sat on some bikes, even the one that you claim to be a copy of yours.

If these guys do steal your ideas they will put them to better use, get them to market asap, simply and affordable, that's what they're about.

Scott

A sure sign a style is getting tired is when you see the same thing everywhere you go, like bobbers and baggers. They are everywhere. A guy at work was telling me about his "sick" bagger. I took him over to my computer and showed him about a dozen that were "just like" his. Black. Street Glide fairing, extended bags, 23 inch front wheel with a wrap-around fender, etc.

they all have a frame, gas tank and two wheels located in the same place, kinda hard to be completely original!

they all have a frame, gas tank and two wheels located in the same place, kinda hard to be completely original!

Fact, but, when everyone jumps on board with the "same custom" trend, it gets old, just like raked out poser bikes came and went.

Paint it flat black, yank the front fender, hard-tail it, put on a itty bitty-ass gas tank, fuck up the brakes and frame, make the riding positon as uncomfortable looking as possible, and sit on a potato chip, then bitch about the ride, handling, and reliability.
Done.:D

Back