TC Hardtail, Where to cut and weld?

Herndon18

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ive been cleaning up my motor, carbs and frame today. I have a hardtail on my bike but it was done bad and still has the swingarm and all the bulk. Im saving up to get my tc bros hardtail and wanted to get my rear chopped off and have all my old useless welds cleaned up while im saving cash. Just wanted to know where i need to cut and everything. I have pictures on my page of the frame now if anybody is wondering what it looks like now. Thanks for the help guys.

TC bro's will actually send you instructions when you buy it, but you can also download directions from their website i believe. On mine I cut the entire backend off. So everything behind the backbone and downpipe came off, however I believe I left some on the lower rails because the TC bro's frame is slugged to fit in the lower rails there.

You can look at this pic for guidance, however I'm not claiming mine is perfect ha. But it does work
full

I like the Fong look with the TC hardtail... looks sweet!
The frame needs to be cut different if you go that rout.

Ok my main question was the downpipe coming down the middle in the back. Looks like the tc has a rail thru there to weld it to. Is that correct so I can cut it off at the bottom there?

Nice project! What type of welder are you going to use? I am getting alot of mixed advice! There are So many different types of welders out there and I don't know what to get! I'm looking to do the hardtail install myself and want a strong weld! I'm not concerned of the look of the weld cause I could alway's grind it down just want what's safe! 110 or 220, Tig ,Mig ,Arc, Wire, stick,flux, ect.......when does it end! lol

Back