Tcsailer and the 81 XS650

So I’ve been away for a week doing actual things but hitting the bike hard again and it’s so close. Struggling to figure out more m unit stuff though and I'm hopeful someone may be able to help.

Specifically I can't get the turn signal switch working. I have the dg and ch wires going into the m unit respective "in" slots for turn signal sides. Got the left hand switch grounded. That should be all I need but obviously isn't. I'm currently thinking the br/w wire may need to be grounded bc the m unit is basically running the switch in reverse. Idk if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Pics to follow later this afternoon. She purdy

Specifically I can't get the turn signal switch working.
That's a pretty common malady on our old bikes. On my SG, two of the 3 solder joints inside the switch itself were broke. It's not too hard to resolder them... but that's where I'd look first.

That's a pretty common malady on our old bikes. On my SG, two of the 3 solder joints inside the switch itself were broke. It's not too hard to resolder them... but that's where I'd look first.

I looked already and they all look solid. It appears I have a solid 12v going in too so I'm thinking they're ok. I'll check again but I'm thinking it's an issue w other wires at this point. I'm having similar struggles w the headlight dimmer switch so the signs seem to trend toward me being ignorant.

it wouldn't hurt to take the switch apart and clean up and re-grease the brass slider blocks...

I'm not familiar enough with the M unit to say... If the M unit is looking for a ground through the chocolate and dark green wires (left and right), that would certainly make sense.

Back