tell him he's dreaming?

rude

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/yamaha-x...0143641?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item415c397519

Now I think to myself is $3k too much? I see the front wheel has been painted with the tyre on, indicative of the quality of rest of the bike?
or
Are we getting into territory of grab what is available if you want to keep these running and continue to use XS's as projects.
I don't think I'll bid in this but someone out there in Oz may consider it, be quick

Attachments

• bid.jpg
    bid.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 142
that would be high over here in the US. For Oz it would have to run like a raped ape and everything gone through before dropping 3K. The overspray front rim is indication of haste/poor quality for certain. I mean for God's sake just change the tire before you sell.

And 3,000 is just the opening price.. who knows what the reserve is set at? And it still needs some wiring and brake work. :shrug:

Are these really worth that much in Australia?

Don't forget Travis the population of Oz is 23million, that's about the same as New York so I'm told, so the market place is limited, XS's were a very popular bike when new esp the Specials, and, due to our tight roadworthy laws there aren't many that have seen the hacksaw, so what is around are reasonably unmolested.
But now the Cafe shops are on to them they are in demand
Nice ones imported from US start at $6k bid

If you are serious I could head you in the direction of importers who are buying cheap in the US, doing you the favour of relieving you of your bikes at a rock bottom prices (ripping you off I think is the term) loading them into a container then selling them over here for very high asking prices (ripping us off I think is the term)...........

Seriously by the time it is packed transported, lands and the tax man gets his bit (ripping us off I think is the term) then you would need a 6k start price to cover your expenses.

Holy smokes!!!! And just think I bought my 79' for $500 and my 80' special for $200 both running. That sucks for you guys, but I truelly got lucky on both of mine.

You have no idea how lucky you all are....I paid "a lot" for mine, it was a peice of shit....

Back