testing albums and who can have access

I have my setting set so only members can access my details, (that i want to show), and my albums. If i post a pic from one of my albums, then any non member has access to that album through the pic hosted from it....................................

If add a pic to, or make up an album then these to are accessible to non members from the "new Media" Bar on the bottom of the forum page.

Last edited:
That album is set to public. As it should be if the images will be used in a public forum like "The Garage."

If i am not logged on, i cannot access my albums because i have my privacy settings set for member only. Non members and members not signed in cannot access my profile page which in turn means they don't get access to my albums.
The point i was making is when i host a pic, or create a new album the pics display in the, New Media Bar, and any member, signed in or not, and any NON member has access to that album.
I guess when my pic has been shunted off the New Media Bar, by other albums created, then the access to that album, won't be available to any one that is not signed in

I do not host pics from my albums onto the site, i drag a drop pics from my folders in my computer. Only used the albums for the ID thread or under the old system for posting a large pic.

I understand now. I thought by having my profile set to members only my albums followed suit. They do not. Each album has its own permissions, so each has to be set to members only, or another setting buy the album owner.

Back