Texas engine rebuild shops

Johnnny13

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to start a compete resotration. Engine rebuilds are not something I’m totally up to speed on. Anyone know of a good shop in Texas to rebuild my engine? I’ll be using a PAMCO and PMA. I can rebuild the carbs but the engine is where I need the professionals. I’m in Amarillo and I’m good with traveling about 10 hours either way to hit a good shop. So far I only know about Limey Bikes in Austin.

I will vouch for Limey Bikes. No one does better work, but it will cost you. Maybe you can save yourself some money by opting out of the PMA. Completely unnecessary. The Limey will back me up on this. The Pamco is a good thing if you have a points engine. If you have a TCI engine, it is smarter and will save you a lot of money to keep it a TCI engine.

Ha! Well, if your engine basically needs nothing, just a cylinder hone and maybe rings and bead blast the jugs, I have heard the Limey quote a price of $800, allegedly.
Bore the cylinders, new pistons, cam chain, guide stopper, lap valves, pretty up the whole engine inside and out, I have heard up to $4,000, allegedly.
He's a nice guy, call him to get a real idea.

Back