thanks for the encouragement guys...top end polished out!

da evil one

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
here tis. needs a little tweaking but im gonna say its 95%. now ive got the side covers,tappet and points covers and maybe the cases if all this doesnt prove to push me completely over the edge. we will see. duplicolor is sounding real nice too but i think the whole engine polished out in a black chop would look pretty phat.

Attachments

• Top end polished!!.jpg
    Top end polished!!.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 268
Acoomplishing something that is WANTED always seems to hold more satisfaction than that of something that is necessary.
Massive props.

do mine next? just kidding.
Good job! clear it over so it stays shiney. dont know what clear to use for an engine though, someone will jump in.

Yes, nice work but ..... I hope you realize you've diminished the cooling capacity in the process. They sandcast some parts rough for a reason (cooling) and you've just "fixed" that, lol. I'll bet you hardtailed it too. Ohhh, your poor mud ring, lolol (thanks Trash for the "mud ring" reference a few days back, it's a classic and just cracked me up. As you see, I WILL be using it in the future, lol).

he will be fine. just put a box fan pointed at the cylinders whilst tunning it.
And if he hard tailed it, thats his choice, his bike. As long as he didnt chop up a all original bike in easily restorable condition, it just makes your s worth more.
my bike was a pos with a holed piston. I hardtailed it. it was an '80 . no regrets.

yeah, that would be interesting if i sprang up a cooling prob because i smoothed the cylinder fins but im optimistic. and damn, angus, was that you that ran that guy off for chopping up that really nice stock 78? black one? he went by screen name Dirka? if so i saw it too and though "man, i hope that guys not gonna start cutting it". if so its in the current issue of The Horse magazine and he turned it into a rat. just damn. he says "i was practically shunned from the first forum i joined for cutting up such a fine stocker, fuggin crybabies! it had black paint, a strong motor,spokes, good miles..."blah blah. you guys ran him off didnt you?..:). well, it looks like a piece of shit now so there ya go.

i thinkyou misunderstood my post. it was directed to 5twins.
if my friend cut up his all original 71....ide dis-own him
Photo100215011-vi.jpg

I started out with a couple laundry baskets with junk, and a holed piston.50$
and, no, I don't run off anyone.

Last edited:
Back