Whatcha got for paintin the cases?

da evil one

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Now that Ive got my top end polished Ive gotta paint the cases and put the motor together. I know everybodys got an opinion because you are an asshole, uh, I mean because an asshole is an opinion, uh, yeah. O.k. I was gonna use Duplicolor because it lays down like glass and seems to hold up alright but Im definitely open to suggestions. Want something thats gonna hold up nice fo sho. Im torn between hi gloss black or a Harley type wrinkle finish..just dunno. Help me o xs masters. "Chrisss, pull down your pantsss and go to the Dagoba sssystem!"

Go with something that will stand up to the heat. Ever consider "rubberized undercoating"? It would hold up well to the rocks...

Hey look! It's Jason Mraz...."No, I'm just some guy with a hat on".....YEAH, your Jason Mraz!

Definitely wouldn't use rubberized. Its really all in the prep work....clean and an aggressive scuff in ever tiny space imaginable. I usually use rm products.

Posted via Mobile

I just painted my cases today. I cleaned them really good, sanded everywhere with I red scotchbrite pad, cleaned them with brake cleaner and compressed air, and then sprayed 6 coats of PJ1 case paint. Looks awesome. Not sure how durable it will be yet.