Thanks to helpful members.

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just a place for a pat on the back to those who have gone above and beyond!

5twins the carb go to guy! Special tool maven also.

toomany xs1bs A guy with an analytical mind, and it's constantly being applied to our pride and joy's benefit! Also the master of the link back to threads that answer questions to everyone's benefit.

Leo, WER, Fredtoons, grizzled, daddy O and a host of others that make this place the best.

Racer Dave, Well, you know why Dave! :bike:
Some older names that deserve a pat on the back here. XSJohn! Blue Blan

Well I'll let you guys add some more names.
It doesn't have to be a forum wide deal a Pm that answers a question, help finding a part, whenever someone acts "neighborly"

little bill, for his brake how to's

OH crap, forgot 650 Skull!
Anlaf

Pregrid and Osteo for their awesome build threads.

Hi Gary,
don't forget yourself, eh?
And kudos to all the hardtail builders who willingly suffer the bumpy ride so that their bikes can look beautiful.

I don't know about beutifull...but it is different.
Your welcome for me being devil's advocate.
May I add inxs?

...master of the link back...

Thanx, gggGary. That's how I get my workouts.

4cd7c6582ddf7c130dc16a6df6a068e2.jpg

Also, tip of the hat to Punkskalar, PamcoPete, mrriggs.
And I_am_carbon and peanut, for their videos...

Couldn't agree more with the sentiments in this thread, everyone mentioned, including the guys in the EX500 carb thread, TonyC, ippytattoo, XSleo, grizzld, signal and many more have been immensely helpful to me and my build. In fact I'd be struggling without you guys and this site. I also really appreciate all the guys that post threads documenting their builds. I learn a hell of a lot just following along.

Much appreciated, thanks all!

I think maybe Trav deserves an atta boy also. :wink2:
You may not know that he bought the old 650 garage rider site when it's owner wanted to shut it down, and moved it here. It helped bootstrap this forum, the threads from there were returned in searches (still are) but they are down a ways in the search results now because they're so old.

Last edited:
I think maybe Trav deserves an atta boy also. :wink2:
You may not know that he bought the old 650garage site when it's owner wanted to shut it down, and moved it here. It helped bootstrap this forum, the threads from there were returned in searches (still are) but they are down a ways in the search results now because they're so old.

I've always wondered what the senior members meant when they would refer to the "Garage".

Is it one of these?

http://www.650rider.com
http://xs650temp.proboards.com
http://www.xs650.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Those first two don't work well on my tablet, frequent lockups/crashes. Otherwise, I'd search thru them more...

Gary means that Travis bought the old 650 Rider site. XS650 Garage (at proboards.com) is alive and well, though most appear to use it as a reference site; we get new members every week, but post count grows more slowly than membership. The Carb Guide was produced at XS650 Garage; in hindsight, I feel we made an unfortunate decision when we allowed it to be copied elsewhere.

Gary and muks, thanks for the kind words. And Gary, backatcha--thanks for your work and your kindness.

I am Carbon offcourse :thumbsup: for video contribution, wether its learning stuff or just plain relaxation videos watching a ride. Love the videos man. :bike:

Have a great day you all ;)

Kop even if his avitar is a bit ookie :yikes: and Jack who will lift a glass of port (knowledge) with you.

We do have years of knowledge and experience on this board. Many have given me help when needed. Reading problems of others and their solutions is also a great help. Happy Father's Day to all. Tony C.

Back