"The Cylinder Head Shop" in the UK

arcticXS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all!
I have been collecting bits for my engine build, and the only main thing left now is where to get the valves and seats done, and some light porting done at the same time. I have received a quote from Len Paterson of "The Cylinder Head Shop" in the UK. He suggested a 5-angle job on the seats, and a 3-angle grind on the valves, some modification of the combustion chambers and light port work. He said he has done a lot of XS650 heads over the years, with good results.

Do any of you UK forum members have any experience with XS head work from "The Cylinder Head Shop"

Thanks in advance!
-Dagfinn

Hey Dagfinn, no personal recommendation but there was a glowing write up in one of the bike mags over here a year or so ago about them. They looked like a very professional outfit and have been around for many years. You could post the same question up on the custom xs650 site which has a lot of UK members. Shipping from Tromso and back is going to cost quite a bit?! good luck:thumbsup:

As Shakey says he has a very good reputation, my brother had some unleaded seats fit into a Triumph T140 head by them and the work seemed ok.
You should be fine dealing with them :thumbsup:

Back