The FREEDOM OR DEATH Machine

yes. its a bowel movement.

here's another pic of the seat, travis:

working-mans-customs-seat_with-trent.jpg

it's from a graphic design i created years ago and was transferred to leather by my great friend matt at working man's customs.

I like the way you have done that rear fender support. I think I may try that. Love the pipes is there any chance of a close up or two?

Love the bike its different thats for sure. Bet you that tank was a bit of work.

pipes for pa:

saint-biltwell-exhaust_elswick-tank.jpg

freedomordeath_leftclose.jpg

jeff will be around this week to answer questions, too. again, visit this link and you can see the beginning of the tanks. they were initially very angular and each was almost three inches wider. jeff got them off a dude on jockey journal and made them the clean things you see now.

Last edited:
Hey all, glad Trent pointed me here. Im justb starting to play with metric bikes for real & have been needing to find to good forums to learn & gab on.

Yes, this was a lower budget, not enough time build, that I totally loved.
The oil tank, it accually setup to have 2 gas lines in top from tanks, & 2 out bottom to a vacuum pump to carbs,& a sight guage on left that isnt done yet. A few lil detail need tweeking.

The exhaust was really fun to do, I used the Biltwell kit, it is killer. It comes with 2 tight, & 2 lose u bends & plenty of strait. The muffler is .120 2" tube. Loved adding the brass, never done that before.

It sounds like 1000cc 2 stroke free reving, and deepens up nicely when riden.

Id love to make a leaf spring front end eventually. This bike would love one. But building it in a few weeks, at night after work (I have a real job.....kinda) with zero budget kinda limits making a front end from scratch.

Materials, tube, bushing, spacers, making a jig to properly make front end, etc etc, Id guess Ill spend 500 bucks, & an easy 40-100 hours making a front end from scratch. I so want to & will as time permits.

Anyhoo, glad to find this place, I like it.

Jeff

I agree with TeeCat about the front end. It was the first thing I noticed because it sticks out like a fat chick modeling cheap lingerie. That front end stops it dead.

No offense, but that's kind of bullshit, isn't it? The fact is is that a home built leaf spring or girder is about as cheap as you can get. Guys have been throwing girders together forever. If you have a decent amount of fabricating experience it should be a pretty simple task. Taking one's time, one could build a girder or leaf spring with a drill press, angle grinder, torches and MIG.

You can even download plans for a simple leaf spring, girder and springer setup:

These are proven plans that have been in use forever and can be altered in about a billion different ways. They're just a starting point.

That said, it's a killer scoot. The little faring throws it off balance, but I really dig the use of... what, about 40 lbs? of brazing. Lots of cool details, unique parts, an overall badass effect. Sweetest set of pipes I've seen in a while. :thumbsup:

Very different opinion from my side. Love the style of death machine and it surely catches every one attention. I really want to build such bike. Hope my project accomplish in coming few months:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I like this one. But ppl always try to fill that space behind the motor with something. I don't think it's necessary. I think they subconsciously expect the rear cyl of a v2 there and are disturbed by it not being there. Only problem is "Liberty or Death" is a lot more poetic than "Freedom or Death" ;)

Back