The "Jap Crap Kid" to the rescue

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
Some might know of my total distain for my check book biker neighbor and his driveway M/C. Well today was the day.
All this weekend there is a HUGE bike gathering here in Delmarva. Mainly Ocean City, Maryland and surrounding areas. Literally 3 main venues in 2 states, bands have been playing non-stop since Friday at 1pm and there is still today and tomorrow. It's a shit ton bigger than anyone thought. I'm talking thousands of bikes!!! It'll make the national news I am sure.
So all the bikers are getting ready for the rides. I think there's 45 of them total. And I mean 200+ bikes each ride, minimum. My neighbor, Mr.checkbook biker and his gang of driveway thunder, were about to leave this morning to go on a ride. Oh no!!! His bike is popping and farting, quick call the emergancy Harley place!!! Uh, oh they are closed!!
I was in my shed doing some things and just watching. All his friends were gathered around, I think one of them had a rag and a screw-driver, looking at the bike. He'd rev it and it popped like mad trying to rise. So, trying to be nice, I walked over and asked if he was alright. He just looked at me and said no thanks. No problem. So I went back to what I was doing. Then I said fuck it, walked over again, and told him to check his plugs. He then I asked, shittily, why? I reminded him that it was doing the same thing when the rollback picked it up last time and he paid $300.00 for a "diagnostic" check, which meant new plugs. Then he said he just got it back yesterday from them and had the oil changed, new plugs, spring maintenance crap done.
So I grabbed my plug wrench and pulled them out, gapped them correctly (they were WAY off), and it fired right up and purrrrrrred. He actually thanked me for the help.
Hopefully this will calm our attidudes against each other. I'm still pissed he called my bike "Jap Crap". Then I made sure to tell him there is a bigger problem because he keeps fouling plugs and, since they were not gapped correctly from the dealer, maybe he should think about another place.

Wear the Jap Crap badge proudly and remind him daily that your bike is bought, paid for and a classic. Also ask who made the electronics and lights for his 'merican' bike.

......a Guy I know was getting ready to ride to Sturgis. He is/was a real weekend warrior. A Pretty Boy. Nice Guy, but a real wanna-be. He was fumbling around His bike and mumbling to Himself. His Wife asked what the problem was. "All My bags are full, and I cant find a place for My MOISTURIZER". True story. When I heard the story from His Wife, I laughed so hard I cried.
On the way to Sturgis, He crashed -hard. No helmet. Luckily, He crashed in front of a group of EMT's. After an air ambulance and a helicopter ride, He eventually recovered. His Wife made Him sell the bike and He no longer rides.

Me and my neighbor have a hate-hate relationship. I actually do hope we get along better now. Maybe he'll realize there is more to being a motorcyclist than just having a Harley and that there are other people, and brands, out there.

He ride mx with a guy like mr checkbook. He wonders why his kfx450 only lasts half the summer on a rebuild. My best friend is the mechanic that works on hundreds of bike and he will etch the date in the oil filter to see how well they take care of it. Well after 3 months of hard riding it was having issues no power and knocking like crap. Well no oil change is 40+ hrs I wonder why. No the crank is bad and it needs a complete overhaul. What a tool. Basic maintenance and understanding your machine will make it so easier on your self and your checkbook.

Wow, this thread makes me feel better about my own lack of bike fixing skills. However little I know, at least I'm not afraid to learn. Thanks for posting!

Did they have their arseless leather chaps on again :laughing: :wink2:

Some might know of my total distain for my check book biker neighbor and his driveway M/C. Well today was the day.
All this weekend there is a HUGE bike gathering here in Delmarva. Mainly Ocean City, Maryland and surrounding areas. Literally 3 main venues in 2 states, bands have been playing non-stop since Friday at 1pm and there is still today and tomorrow. It's a shit ton bigger than anyone thought. I'm talking thousands of bikes!!! It'll make the national news I am sure.
So all the bikers are getting ready for the rides. I think there's 45 of them total. And I mean 200+ bikes each ride, minimum. My neighbor, Mr.checkbook biker and his gang of driveway thunder, were about to leave this morning to go on a ride. Oh no!!! His bike is popping and farting, quick call the emergancy Harley place!!! Uh, oh they are closed!!
I was in my shed doing some things and just watching. All his friends were gathered around, I think one of them had a rag and a screw-driver, looking at the bike. He'd rev it and it popped like mad trying to rise. So, trying to be nice, I walked over and asked if he was alright. He just looked at me and said no thanks. No problem. So I went back to what I was doing. Then I said fuck it, walked over again, and told him to check his plugs. He then I asked, shittily, why? I reminded him that it was doing the same thing when the rollback picked it up last time and he paid $300.00 for a "diagnostic" check, which meant new plugs. Then he said he just got it back yesterday from them and had the oil changed, new plugs, spring maintenance crap done.
So I grabbed my plug wrench and pulled them out, gapped them correctly (they were WAY off), and it fired right up and purrrrrrred. He actually thanked me for the help.
Hopefully this will calm our attidudes against each other. I'm still pissed he called my bike "Jap Crap". Then I made sure to tell him there is a bigger problem because he keeps fouling plugs and, since they were not gapped correctly from the dealer, maybe he should think about another place.

Hey Littlebill,

This is a great story....really! I would think that he, your 'check book biker neighbor' has some appreciation for the help you provided with his Harley, especially seeing as he was able to make the big 'ride'.

You have showed him you are the better man, ... don't stop there...go for the throat! Just blow him and his m/c away by wearing a better pair of kick ass chaps while fixing his bike next week. Assless or not you are the man!

Take your pick, I will contribute the first $10 to any of these 'arseless' and 'with ass' chaps that you want. Travis, you are the banker, just tell me where to send the money.

Attachments

• Chapswithanass - Copy.jpg
    Chapswithanass - Copy.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Beyondchaps.jpg - Copy.jpg
    Beyondchaps.jpg - Copy.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Chapsfromhell.jpg
    Chapsfromhell.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Thesechapsareokay - Copy.jpg
    Thesechapsareokay - Copy.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 221
new guy at work made it very clear his Harley boots were killing his feet, then said they were danners. Why'd he call them harley boots? Don't know. but that attitude is what duochebags are made of. guese he wanted to be sure that it be known he has a HD.
maybe someone told him I chopped a bike and assumed it was a HD.
nOw the joke around the shop is to call our boots Suzuki/yamaha/honda/kaw boots. then look down and say,'oops, these seem to be harly boots. I'm such an ass"

I vote for #4!

After being here for such a short time I feel like I really fit in. Love the stories.

MY "theme" for my bike/tank is a "JAP Crap"! Embrace the idiots and they have nothing to say!

...and the Mikuni carbs he has.

Showa Suspension, "Jap" computers (several on the newer Hogs), Nissin brake calipers (with the Nissin logo changed to Hog Runners logo). I think the entire front end is Showa now.

Dont forget , Mahle pistons and crankshaft. (German)

So sad and full of denial they are..

Check Book Biker.. that sir, is frikken funny!

He's a checkbook biker
Getting cards and letters
from people he don't even know.....
:D

There are a lot of imported parts on an HD, the front ends have been Showa for over 30 years. I heard they're getting some frames from China, and alot of the problems they were having on the early twincams were caused from using Indonesian roller bearings on the crank instead of a USA Timken for a few pennies more, when they went bad, they took out the crank. I ride an old Shovelhead, and when the checkbook bikers start their crap, I just tell them that if I wanted a chinese motorcycle I would buy a new Harley.

LMAO! Again, I really like Harley's, but some of their owners are just idiotic.
I was at a show on Saturday with a bunch of different makes/models. Everyone was getting along great. But, I will say the crowd was drawn to the old shovels, Nortons, Triumphs, BSA's, ect. The row of Harley's (95% were new) was a little vacant of interested persons other than their owners.
I liked watching all the Brit owners kicking their bikes to life.

I know a bunch of guys that ride HDs, and they're ok dudes most of the time, but you get them all together wearing their retarded HD gear head to toe and they can be dicks. Its the group mentality that they have, like because they spent 20k for a DynaroadsupersmalldickfatwifeXLEDSJHUEWBSK model Harley and another 2k for all the gear they're somehow superior to all other riders.*

~kop

borrowed from VonYinzer over @ dotheton

Can we please PLEASE get a thread where information about where Harley parts are actually manufactured can be referenced?....with links to proof or something?

I would really, really like that.
So would most of you.

Back