The life and times of the 81

88_pony

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 164409
View attachment 164406
View attachment 164407 View attachment 164407
So the Pump had some up and down play when I pulled the Shaft before removing the the PRM shaft drive gear. There is some good wear marks on both the pump casing and the cover side to the point of catching your finger nail, and you can see the odd wear on the in the center of each.
View attachment 164410
RPM shaft looked to have wear on the end, When reinstalled into the casing it was smooth to turn, maybe this wear is from the play in the pump? im not overly sure how this tip is supposed to look.

With the amount of shavings in the filters, I am not satisfied that this is the only issue.
More pictures to come I guess.

Have a great day, stay healthy and safe!

Last edited:
That pump is pretty beat up, a better replacement, a help, they don't need to be "perfect" . PS the pump drive gear/shaft looks normal. watch for that washer at the bottom bearing.

That pump is pretty beat up, a better replacement, a help, they don't need to be "perfect" . PS the pump drive gear/shaft looks normal. watch for that washer at the bottom bearing.

yes I was debating on replacing pump and seeing if it cleans up.... letting the current situation "simmer" for a day or 2 befor I do anything.

Seems like we are in a similar situation. Unrelated to the pump issues, where in Canada are you?
Belleville area, I was following your thread too... you jinxed me! I still feel I may have more issues, the metal in my filters seems to be way more then just what the pump is showing for wear.

Last edited:
Back