The one that got away

Just sold this one back in September. I have regretted it ever since, but it did fund my current cafe project and by far one of my favorite bikes, my 81 xs650 lol. The bike was an 81 Honda CB750K, that I cafe'ed over the winter last year. First bike I ever did, and I didnt think I would ever sell it, but a guy made me the proverbial offer I couldnt refuse. Still miss it though, that thing ran like a scalded dog, dusted the wheels off many a Harley lol, and the hardtail next to it will never be sold, my 8yr old son has dibs on that one! :bike:

Attachments

• cafe.jpg
    cafe.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 171
what is that Maurice, naked bandit? I really like Kawis nakes ZR7s. Aircooled KZ750 engine with some modern naked looks and the lot. Hard to find though.

Posted via Mobile

GSX750 inazuma. I believe it was a toned down gsxr engine. Still plenty fast off the line, made my wife giggle on take off.

hi years agoi was in orbost australia and on 3aw radio in a saturday ,//sunday they had buy .swap and sell.. i sold a1988 srx 250 turbo it was superb it only weighed in at about 110kilo being turbo/5 speed it went like a screaming rat,,,in winter,,it spent most of its life at the end of my double bed ,,covered ib bubble plastic and a couple of blankets ,, ,,but it was just a joy to ride ,,, i could regularly do my home in orbost to the marlo pub in 10 minutes i always regret getting rid of that bike with the turbo it went to nearly 17,000rpm ,,, regards oldbiker

Had to sell this when I moved to the US (not mine, but this exact bike).

Suzuki%20GSX750%20Inazuma.jpg
that engine looks identical to my friend's '96 rf900.
as far as sellers remorse, ive none. I keep them all!
wish I still had my '66 galaxie 500 though

This one didn't really get away. It went to my best friend, and serviceman for a support our troops build this last summer.....but I wanted to keep it....of course he managed to down it 2nd ride....hence the hanging down brake in the second pic....lol (luckily in the grass!)

damn it was perdy!

Attachments

• 1185722_316778778468455_432759909_n.jpg
    1185722_316778778468455_432759909_n.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 1385348_342068972606102_1878401656_n.jpg
    1385348_342068972606102_1878401656_n.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 145
Hey Phillycyclcross. That bike looks like one my friend built outside of Buffalo New York. He sold it to a guy with the handle, Big Mike from central Pa. Sure looks close but I guess chopped shovels can all look something alike.

I never understood this. Why would you sell it if you didn't want to or it was paid for? Once you own it, it's doesn't cost shit unless you're building it or riding it (a little insurance money). Here's an idea. Don't sell your bike. Fuck the wife. Fuck the bills. Ride or die. Glad I never ever sell anything unless I am totally over it.
266868_4932240346799_2090141132_o.jpg

I posted here before but, come to think of it, I regret having sold( by situation or needing $$) or been stolen, all my former bikes. The '79 and '84 Harley FX's, BMW R-69 and 100RS, the Honda's CB 77,175,350. The first XS 650 I had. Even the Soviet Union era M-66 Ural combo unit. I presently have a '80 SG, an '78 KZ 650(next project) and the current runner, the XJ600. Plans are after the KZ is reliably running to sell the XJ. Oh sure, I may regret selling that one too, but I hear the KZ will give me a good ride. The KZ for my ricky racer moods and the XS for the more calmer rides. Course, if another, more modern Ural is in the future.....

I've had a KZ in the fold since '96 but, for some reason never got one going:shrug:. I've read great things about them in the KZ forums. Back in the day it was advertised to have 750 power in a 650 engine:D. Looking forward to the first ride. That'll be a while. Hopefully less than a year away.:thumbsup:

my 78 was in great mechanical shape, little ugly. Handled well relatively well, and faaast. Great sound with the stock 4 into 2 pipes. Left the airbox alone as it ran to damn good. nothing like winding er up. The KLR won out....have one vintage. kept my fave.

56 Triumph with 750 cc jugs. Had been dirt tracked. Traded a 289 hi-po ford motor for it. Tore it down, Painted it black and had everything back together except for the engine. Sat around for over a year looking for motor parts and couldn't find everything I needed. Was offered a Browning Auto 5 in trade and took it.

When I was 14 I used to walk past this house everyday on my way to school. In the front garden of the house was a motorcycle under a tarp. One day when no one was looking I went through the gate and lifted the tarp. Underneath was a mid fifties (can't remember exactly what year) Indian Brave 250cc which was in fact a rebadged Royal Enfield. Shortly after that I knocked on the house door and asked about it. The guy said take it, you can have it. Needless to say I did. Got it to run for about 30 seconds once. Then my family moved overseas and my parents would not pay to ship it dispite my pleas. I gave it to my best friend and we lost touch. Apparently they were awful bikes and are not worth anything even in mint condition but I wish I still had it. The other thing the guy who gave me the bike did give me also was a book from 1918 on motorcycle maintenance. I do still have that.

The bike was the same as the one pictured.
Yamimoto

Attachments

• 1951_IndianBrave.jpg
    1951_IndianBrave.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 131
Sold my '71 BSA MX500 in '75. Would like to have it now.
Pic isn't mine, but sure looks like it...

Attachments

• BSA-MX500.jpg
    BSA-MX500.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Back