The Perfect Tool(s)

Yes sir. Back when Radio Shack was a trusted and respected brand-name retailer. People made fun of the Realistic electronic brand when I was growing up, but some of the very best Radio and tape decks and turntables I heard (sound quality-wise) growing up were older generation, Japanese made Realistic equipment. I'll bet if you ran it side by side with some of the crap we have today you could tell the difference. Much of the Micronta equipment was produced by Texas Instruments throughout north Texas, and some was made in Japan at Texas Instruments' plants there.

My Micronta VOM it a very high quality meter because it was made in Japan. Here in Canada, the quality went downhill fast when Radio Shack switched from Japanese made to Chinese made products.

Not a toolbox item, but I think a compressor is an absolute must. It is needed for cleaning, painting, blasting, inflating, and running pnuematic tools.

I agree there's nothing quite like a 90lb blast of air for cleaning parts, another tool I like a lot is my Snap On ball joint press, it doesn't see a lot of use but when it's needed it's the best tool for the job, unlike a pickle fork which usually destroys the balljoint the press keeps everything in good shape :thumbsup:

IMG_3570a600x450.jpg

That's easy, my 6 in one HWI screw driver. This is not just your regular multi purpose screw driver, I've had others. The tool steel used for the bits is the best tool steel ever made. I have used this screw driver for 15 years with no wear at all. I used to sell more than a dozen of these a week. I have bought and given many of these as gifts. Simple little black, three dollar, screw driver, wouldn't trade it for any Craftsman or Snap-on.

Scott

Back