The resurrection of the "No leaf clover"

UCXS650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Here is the resurrection of the no leaf clover, I brought this bike into my home(Dirty, running on one cylinder, leaking/burning oil from the pan, left exhaust and a few other places:doh:,) for a friend to rebuild, but as the weeks went by, parts came in, things got expensive. I ended up making a deal with the p.o and the bike is now mine. I finished the rebuild a few days ago and for the first time took it on its first brake in ride. Amazing, this bike is a beast. I've never had an xs before.(mostly like working on sohc 4's and such.) but I've fallen in love with the thump and power of this bike. anyways heres some pictures. no this isn't my build.!

Heres a link too the build http://www.xs650chopper.com/2009/08/no-leaf-clover/

First oil change.

Didn't end up taking many pictures, just a lot too remember where everything went.

Bike isn't completely finished and road worthy but definitely a lot closer.

Anyways thanks for the feedback, If I ever find a good deal on another xs I'll definitely be taking it home with me.

What/how did you get the factory black off the cases? Soda blast?
You did a fine job with the box of lemons but was it necessary to sacrifice the blond?

The head and cylinders were just bead blasted, and while I was waiting for them too finish the head work, I just carefully removed the paint from the bottom end, and what do you mean by the blond? My girlfriend? ?:doh:

Last edited:
Back