The unemotional Mikes thread

kent_in_kc

Heartlander
Reaction score
[Deep breath] [Positive thoughts] Here we go...

We, the people, desire to buy quality parts for our motorsikkles without a lotta hassle. Since our bikes are a little fringe, we find ourselves limited in the sources for said parts.

Be it resolved, therefore, ahem, that we although we find ourselves buying parts of an inconsistent quality, we shall not get all bent all the time. Yea verily, we shall commit ourselves to calmly creating a Poo List of crapular parts including their source and part numbers so that future generations of us'ns will no longer wander into the valley of crap.

Be it further resolved that we will apprise our wayside brethren, The Peddlers, of our Poo List and advise them that it shall affect their desires for our silver, indeed it shall DIMINISH their fortunes to let their offspring parts stray from the ways of the holy and onto the Poo!

We go now and call upon our leader, The Traveler, to establish the Poo so we may all ride in the light.

Whatever.

And thou shalt counteth to 3 before throwing thy Holy hand grenade, no more, no less. :D

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

I've heard that before.

I ordered gaskets for my tappet covers, they came a horridly ugly neon green. Thanks a bunch MikeXS! I'll stick to my old potentially leaky gaskets for the time being.

Attachments

• Craptastic.jpg
    Craptastic.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 186
This is really going to help me out. Thanks!

Ken, would it also be wise to have a positive thread in which owners can speak of good quality parts suppliers/items they have found?

Sticky?

I got all my mods in my sig through Mikes. I have been happy with all of them so far.

(everything except the exhaust, turn signals, and windshield; I got them elsewhere)

I woulda just touched up the edges of the gaskets with a sharpie. A lot of gaskets for aluminum products these days are green.

function over form eh?

Guess Ive been one of the few lucky ones...no probs so far with the aforementioned....

Craig

The fork dust covers I ordered from Mikes (27-1065) won't stop sticking to the forks. I tried oil and grease and by the end of one ride they're already sticking again.

I think whoever was responsible for making these should be sacked and replaced with llamas.

Hey, Travis, is there a way to put up a spreadsheet that people can use for a Poo List?

I could allow .xls extensions so you could attach spreadsheets, but people would have to download the latest version, add their item and attach it again. I could get messy.

It would probably be better to keep a running list here and have someone compile the info for the wiki later. You could compile the info as it comes in and keep a spreadsheet updated that you pdf and attach to your first post. ??? You might also be able to use a public google document for something like this. Not sure though..

Maybe if a system were set up where posts had to contain certain things like, vendor, item, problem, etc. it would be easier to keep track of. :shrug:

I've created a google spreadsheet that will store the information. To add information to the spreadsheet, you will need to fill out a form. It does NOT require you to have a google account, but the form does require specific information.

To fill out the form :
Low quality parts form

To view the spreadsheet :
Low quality parts spreadsheet

If you want to suggest changes or would like to help maintain this, let me know and I can give you editing permission.
Also, if you would like to save the spreadsheet to your PC, there is an option under File...

Last edited:
Back