The workshop.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
This is where I do all the damage, and teach the neighbours new words. The workshop is only 4.2m x 4.5 m, but I've managed to squeeze a lot in there. To make room, I got rid of all but one toolbox, that's for tools I don't use very often, the rest of the hand tools, pliers, hammers, spanners, sockets, etc, get hung overhead. The bench in the centre has a panbrake and small belt grinder hanging off the back, the rest of the machinery is distributed around the periphery. I do have an extension for the bench which stretches the bench out to 6', but only use it when the bike is on top or not in the workshop. Very difficult to show everything in the shop, so I did two videos.

Last edited:
Nicely laid out, and it looks like you have an excellent stash of fasteners and small parts!

You appear to have multiple belt sanders. Set up with different grits or reserved for different materials or ???

Just two belt sanders, one biggy and a little one and a linisher. I built the little one a few years ago. The belts for it are available in a very wide range of grits, thatls why I built it. Funnily enough, it hardly ever gets used. I originally built it to run two belts, but the motor didn't have the power, so,I rebuilt it to run just the one.
The linisher runs at half the speed as it's used for wood.

This is where I do all the damage, and teach the neighbours new words. The workshop is only 4.2m x 4.5 m, but I've managed to squeeze a lot in there. To make room, I got rid of all but one toolbox, that's for tools I don't use very often, the rest of the hand tools, pliers, hammers, spanners, sockets, etc, get hung overhead. The bench in the centre has a panbrake and small belt grinder hanging off the back, the rest of the machinery is distributed around the periphery. I do have an extension for the bench which stretches the bench out to 6', but only use it when the bike is on top or not in the workshop. Very difficult to show everything in the shop, so I did two videos.
Thanks for posting! Really enjoy shop tours, seeing how others use their available space and what occupies that space in terms of machinery.

Here's my overhead hand tool racks. Just bits of wood with nails and magnetic holders. Saves a lot of floor space and makes it easy to find and replace tools.

I just saw this picture of a cool vintage workshop. Imagine the maintenance needed on all the belts, bearings and pulleys. I love seeing these old machines.

IMG_4213.png

Back